Bathtub faucet removal/install

Users who are viewing this thread

JBRIGGS01

Reaction score
HELP! how do I remove old bathtub faucet (PART WHERE WATER COMES OUT)?

Last edited:

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
Do you want to replace the whole shower manifold or just the fixtures?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
valve

I think you mean you just want to replace the pieces you can see. If so, you have to find out the make and model, and then determine if those parts are still available.

Prashster

Reaction score
The showerhead is the easiest. It unscrews. Almost any new one will screw onto the shower arm. I'd use teflon tape though to prevent leaking.

The 'faucet' consists of the trim (what you can see) and the valve/cartridge (what you can't see). The trim should also easily unscrew. You can probably replace it with any trim made by the same manufacturer that fits the valve you have inside.

If you want to change the whole valve - like if you wanted to change your single control one to one that lets you separately adjust pressure and temp, then it could harder. You might be able to just replace the cartridge, which should unscrew out of the exposed valve. In some instances you'll have to also replace the mixing valve that's soldered to the h/c water lines and the shower arm. THAT's a pain bkz you have to remove the tiles and open the wall to be able to work. If your valve is against an inside wall, it's usually easier to go in from the other room (drywall's easier to patch than redoing the tile).

mal7014

Reaction score
JBRIGGS01 said:
HELP! how do I remove old bathtub faucet (PART WHERE WATER COMES OUT)?

If you're talking about a typical tub spout, it also just unscrews (if it's a threaded spout, some are slip connections with a screw underneath the spout). There are universal tub spout kits available at your local home improvement store.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks