Bathroom Sink Relocate

Users who are viewing this thread

Newbie2020

Reaction score
Wanting to relocate my vanity to be dead nuts center and as you can see i'm all the way to the left side. I have a washer/dryer outlet on or about where i'd put the hot/cold and drain. My question is really having to do with the T where my drain meets the plumbing in the wall and whether I can just reroute that drain over a couple feet and how. Would these be to code?
unnamed-11.jpg
unnamed-12.jpg

Attachments

• unnamed-11.jpg
    unnamed-11.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 114

Reach4

Reaction score
Sketch a diagram of what you propose to end up with.

Reach4

Reaction score
If the pipe labeled drain is not carrying drainage, you can do just what you drew, subject to distance. The tee would be a sanitary tee (santee). Just one sink makes it simple. The drain spot would be a long sweep elbow ideally, with a trap adapter on that. A medium sweep elbow may be fine, but long is always fine.

If you are beyond the max distance, you would need to add a vent. Max distance depends on the pipe size to the trap adapter.
https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/trap-size-question.82420/

With 2 inch, with UPC you get the 60 inches max from the santee, through the pipe, pass through the elbow, through the trap adapter, through the 1-1/2 inch trap arm, and up to the U-bend of the trap.

If you don't qualify for that, then you can add an AAV. Let us know if you need on how.

Newbie2020

Reaction score
If the pipe labeled drain is not carrying drainage, you can do just what you drew, subject to distance. The tee would be a sanitary tee (santee). Just one sink makes it simple. The drain spot would be a long sweep elbow ideally, with a trap adapter on that. A medium sweep elbow may be fine, but long is always fine.

If you are beyond the max distance, you would need to add a vent. Max distance depends on the pipe size to the trap adapter.
https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/trap-size-question.82420/

With 2 inch, with UPC you get the 60 inches max from the santee, through the pipe, pass through the elbow, through the trap adapter, through the 1-1/2 inch trap arm, and up to the U-bend of the trap.

If you don't qualify for that, then you can add an AAV. Let us know if you need on how.

I believe the pipe labeled drain( where the t is currently located) drains my sink and also vents out the roof. would it matter if that vent is venting two bathrooms simultaneously(with regaurds to what I'm wanting to do? )

Newbie2020

Reaction score
I believe the pipe labeled drain( where the t is currently located) drains my sink and also vents out the roof. would it matter if that vent is venting two bathrooms simultaneously(with regaurds to what I'm wanting to do? )
I say that because from my understanding it is also venting the bathroom on the other side of the skiers right wall

Reach4

Reaction score
Maybe. If the vents separate 42 inches above the floor, no. If the fitting is a double fixture fitting instead of a santee, it could do both without the separation.

If neither apply, there are ways. But expand your sketch to cover both sides of the wall for venting and drainage. Don't worry about hot and cold. Those have no similar considerations.

Reach4

Reaction score
How far above the floor or above the sink rim is that vent horizontal pipe?

Right answers would be 42 or more, or 6 or more. If that, no problem. No AAV needed.

Newbie2020

Reaction score
How far above the floor or above the sink rim is that vent horizontal pipe?

Right answers would be 42 or more, or 6 or more. If that, no problem. No AAV needed.

Hey got busy and never replied to you. Wanted to say thanks for taking some time to help me out. I think I should be good. The Vent is 40-42" Depending on who is measuring and whether we take into account all of the flooring thats gone down and what not. Should clear the sink by 6". If I remember I'll Post a pic of progress.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks