Bathroom remodel

Discussion in 'UPC Plumbing Code Questions' started by IdahoPotato, Nov 28, 2020.

1. IdahoPotato

IdahoPotato New Member

I am getting ready to rough in the drains in our bathroom remodel project. I am looking for a good way to tie all of the drain lines together before connecting to the existing cast iron fitting sticking out of the basement wall. I have about 20" of space between the top of the cast iron and the bottom of the floor joists. Looking for any ideas or feedback.
    Thanks.
    Plumbing.jpg

2. breplum

breplum Member

Plumbing and heating contractor
    Typically I like to start at the tie in and work outward.
    I'd start with a test tee, and put a test plug in to stop odors, and work upward.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. IdahoPotato

IdahoPotato New Member

Is it alright to use a 3" double wye in a vertical configuration bringing everything together into the old cast iron fitting in the wall? Or is it better to make these junctions in a horizontal configuration? The cast fitting goes through the wall and out to the septic tank.