Bathroom remodel

Users who are viewing this thread

IdahoPotato

Reaction score
I am getting ready to rough in the drains in our bathroom remodel project. I am looking for a good way to tie all of the drain lines together before connecting to the existing cast iron fitting sticking out of the basement wall. I have about 20" of space between the top of the cast iron and the bottom of the floor joists. Looking for any ideas or feedback.
Thanks.
Plumbing.jpg

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
Typically I like to start at the tie in and work outward.
I'd start with a test tee, and put a test plug in to stop odors, and work upward.

IdahoPotato

Reaction score
Is it alright to use a 3" double wye in a vertical configuration bringing everything together into the old cast iron fitting in the wall? Or is it better to make these junctions in a horizontal configuration? The cast fitting goes through the wall and out to the septic tank.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks