Bathroom Reconfiguration Help Please

Users who are viewing this thread

Stefan

Reaction score
Hello, I am looking for some input on a potential layout modification in an existing 4 piece bathroom (upper level of house).

Previous layout looking into bathroom from door (left to right) was jacuzzi, 48" single sink vanity, toilet. The shower was in a nook to the right. The 3" waste stack was to the right of the toilet and there is a single 1.5" vent going into the wall behind the sink.

I am planning to change the layout as follows (see sketches/photos attached)...previous jacuzzi becomes shower stall with linear drain in similar position to existing drain, existing single sink 48" vanity is replaced with double sink 72" vanity (displacing the existing toilet location), the existing shower stall is removed and becomes a new toilet nook.

I have gutted the bathroom and opened some of the floor to see where things are running. Can I please have some input/confirmation on the following questions:
  • 3" closet flange in new toilet location going directly to a 3" x 3" x 2" sanitary tee on the stack (lowest/furthest downstream position on the stack). I suppose this is wet venting back to the wall behind the left sink (as it was previously, but now the horizontal distance is increased).
  • 2" off top of 3x3x2 sanitary tee on stack elbows back towards sinks and new shower drain.
  • 2" wye to pick up drain from left sink and connects back to existing venting through wall. Right sink drains back toward left sink.
  • 2" continues to a 2" P trap for the shower drain (I intend on connecting to Kerdi-Line linear drain). Existing is 1.5", any reason not to keep the full run at 2"? Any issue using two 45 degree fittings to get my horizontal line back high enough for the p trap?
I have done a fair amount of renovation work in my days, but none involving relocating fixtures...so your help is appreciated!

Attachments

• 20210403_112853.jpg
    20210403_112853.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 131
  • 20210403_112643.jpg
    20210403_112643.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 133
  • 20210403_112646.jpg
    20210403_112646.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 136
  • Back.jpg
    Back.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 135
  • Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 136
  • ISO.jpg
    ISO.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 141
  • Left.jpg
    Left.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 140
  • Perspective.jpg
    Perspective.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 143
  • Right.jpg
    Right.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 135
  • Top.jpg
    Top.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks