Bathroom Drain and Vent Check Please

Users who are viewing this thread

Daren Krayenvenger

Reaction score
Apologize in advance to moderators, posted in this forum and remodel.

Hello all. I'm remodeling a bath in our 1964 rancher, and I would like your help please to verify the drains and vents in our bath. I try to do as much of my own work as possible, but the (2) plumbers I've used over the years say our current set up is acceptable, and this site and hammerpedia has me questioning that.... If I need to change anything to add dedicated vents or replace wyes/long fittings vs sani-tees, now is the time. Appreciate your time and advice.

sink.jpg
Toilet.jpg
showerdrain.jpg

Reach4

Reaction score
I think the things you call vents are not, except for the big vertical copper pipe. I am not saying there is a problem with the piping-- just the terminology.

That lower copper drain will have to be vented. You are under IPC 2018, so AAVs would be OK.

I am not a plumber.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
All that PVC pipe is not original so I assume at one time, maybe before you owned the home, there was a major remodel. If all that work was permitted and pass inspection your good as long as you are not moving fixtures to different locations. However, the drain for the shower shows no purple primer but there is clear primer available. With no primer may indicate DIYer work after the other work was done, or the plumber helper missed the primer step. If two licensed plumbers say it is OK then take their word for it since it is easier to evaluate from the basement than from pictures, thought they are very helpful for a forum.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks