Basement Sink Question

Users who are viewing this thread

rlucas130

Reaction score
IMG_20200909_105850725.jpg
IMG_20200909_105901570.jpg

I'm wanting to install a basement sink and want to make sure I connect the drain piping correctly, so my question is to I just connect the drain pipe from the sink to the 2" vent (is it a vent?) or the 1 1/2" that the washer drain is connected to? Thanks for your help.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
From Left to Right you have a 2" Drain, 1.5" Clothes washer vent, and 1.5" clothes washer stand pipe. There are several options you can take to hook up a sink to these depending on the layout of where you want to place the sink which will determine how much work. Placing the sink to the left of that 2" drain allows easiest access to the drain. But it looks like you moved the clothes washer to open the wall and take the photo so maybe the intention is to install the sink to the right of the washer. In that case and because the washer will hide the plumbing, I would suggest installing the drain from that 2" drain exposed outside the wall, connect the vent pipes together at least 6" above the height of the top of the sink. View attachment 66335

Attachments

• Sink drain.png
    Sink drain.png
    118.9 KB · Views: 128

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Id replumb the wash/ machine UPC style whether any of that is legal or not. 2 inch waste and inapropriate 1/4 bend not good . Id use a 2 inch y upright. For a clean trouble free job

Reach4

Reaction score
I think Denver is under IPC. If that is a laundry sink, how about this?
index.php

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks