Basement Laundry Sink/Washer Standing Pipe

Users who are viewing this thread

Vin_ny

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm looking to replace my 1940's laundry sink with a new one. I have a cast iron p-trap and am looking to remove it once I receive the new laundry sink. I also want to add a standing pipe with a p-trap for the washing machine which is about 4 feet away because right now the drain hose is just going into the sink.

I was looking to cut right after the sani-tee and use a no-hub coupling with a pvc wye where it would go towards the standing pipe to the left of the picture and the other goes to the p-trap of the utility sink. Or cut the whole sani-tee and replace with couplings and a pvc sani-tee but Any other ideas?

Also, what are the IPC and UPC codes for how high the standing pipe must be? I am looking to put a laundry box and am hearing that 42" from floor but I'm also hearing that 18" to 30" from p-trap as well. Obviously, anything higher than the utility sink but not to high that the washing machine can't pump out the water.

The left pipe is a vent that goes through the roof and the right one is an upstairs kitchen drain.

Please disregard the sharkbite hot/cold suppply lines in the picture..they are temporary. :)

The laundry sink is attached. Thanks.

Attachments

• LaundrySink.jpg
    LaundrySink.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks