Basement drain pipe layout questions

Users who are viewing this thread

lhgrappler

Reaction score
Hi, we are getting ready to do the plumbing for a new bathroom and laundry room in our basement. The drain pipe runs almost right under where the shower drain, toilet, and utility sink will go. (see green line in pic)

Is it best to directly plumb each of these to the main waste line, or something else? Also, I believe we will have to do slip couplings because everything is fixed in place, wondering if that's correct?

Thanks
Open photo

Reach4

Reaction score
Not right. You appear to be venting the tub horizontally.
One fix for that is to run the tub drain to a vertical vent before the piping continues to the right of your picture.
The other way is to route the vented lavatory to join the tub drain trap arm close enough. The lavatory drain line wet-vents the tub and then the toilet. You will have to pay attention to the pipe size below the lavatory santee.

Part of MO uses UPC, and most uses IPC.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I cant tell exactly his plan just that this is how the main is there dosent show any fittings or vents. I think he can use that main

lhgrappler

Reaction score
Not right. You appear to be venting the tub horizontally.
One fix for that is to run the tub drain to a vertical vent before the piping continues to the right of your picture.
The other way is to route the vented lavatory to join the tub drain trap arm close enough. The lavatory drain line wet-vents the tub and then the toilet. You will have to pay attention to the pipe size below the lavatory santee.

Part of MO uses UPC, and most uses IPC.
This drawing only shows the drain/waste pipe. It doesn't include any venting.

royalflush001

Reaction score
Slip couplings are useful when making connections in tight spaces or when you can't access the pipes directly. They allow you to slide the coupling over one pipe, then slide it back to make the connection.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks