Basement bathroom wall shifting?

Users who are viewing this thread

CraigF

Reaction score
IMG_20210209_211236.jpg IMG_20210209_210444.jpg IMG_20210209_211229.jpg Hello everyone first time poster here hoping to get some good advice and some insight on what might be going wrong. The bathroom in the picture is in a basement the wall we'l are looking at is the exterior wall of the basement where the step up is is where the concrete foundation would be. We had some tile cracking issues a couple months back not really sure why but due to me not wanting to tear it all out I dried it and siliconed all the cracks so we could still use the shower. Fast forward to now I've noticed there is hairline horizontal cracks halfway up the wall where the grout lines would be where obvious water has been running down and going in. The picture is a vertical crack in the corner of the wall which showed up over the course of two days The crack is about 3/16 wide and kind of appeared out of nowhere pretty quickly. What baffles me is how that exterior wall/ tile would be getting sucked outwards towards the outside of the house???? Any idea what might be going on here or is it simply just water damage that's causing the tiles to do this from the previous cracks??? I have access to the back side/ right side of the picture wall and can look under the tub and there is no visible water that has dripped down that wall but of course I can't see behind the tile unless I rip it off. Thanks everyone.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks