Back Wash GPM for 2 cu 12x52 tank GAC

Users who are viewing this thread

Reach4

Reaction score
If you can watch the water flowing out and filter the water through a course cloth or fine screen , if you see granules blowing out, it is too fast. If you see powder (fines) washing out, that is good. If you have top screens, that watching for granuals is not going to work.

Never tried it. It seems the number is going to be roughly 5 GPM, but of course Ditttohead is right. Given the data, he has predictive powers.

To try to measure the incoming water temperature for my filter, I attached the probe of an inexpensive electronic thermometer to the incoming pipe with a rubber band. I covered this with an old sheet for insulation. On my incoming water, I recorded 59.0F=15.0C as the minimum. Ambient was about 71. There is a pressure tank that will contribute up to 11 gallons to the backwash. But the backwash should exhaust that in a minute or two.

I have moved the probe to the pipe coming into the filter. The filter is scheduled to backwash again tonight. My method is not perfect, but I think it is pretty good. To the extent that the temperature is seasonal, I think the water is about as warm as it will get. My well intake temperature will not vary, and the pipe through the ground about 44 inches down would be expected to peak in temperature some time in September.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks