Back to back bathrooms

Users who are viewing this thread

locotim

Reaction score
Looking for advice for how to plumb toilets and vent when you have back to back bathrooms and toilets are back to back. Im in kentucky for code purposes.. appreciate the help.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
It appears from my reading that KY allows 2 bathroom groups in horizontal wet venting which is typically the simplest installation method and easily accommodates back to back toilets.

Here is the example given in the 2018 IPC for KY

1711044992026.png

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
One odd thing to note in their drawing is the use of a double Combination WYE on its back. Generally not allowed because its technically installed flat from side to side, but some jurisdictions recognize that if a street 45 is installed to make up for that pitch the loss of grade in that 2 inches of fitting is negligible.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
assuming it wasent in a joist bay . Id prefer a wye to pick up one w/c and a combi for the other

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
assuming it wasent in a joist bay . Id prefer a wye to pick up one w/c and a combi for the other
Yeah, more specific information is needed to get a better idea of the layout and structure. I always look to how to plumb with horizontal wet venting ever since it was introduced in our area in '06. Still find it odd that the IPC allows double wye/combi on the horizontal.. unless that drawing they provided was a fluke. The canadian code allows it too.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Ive never really practiced horrizontal wet venting to any real extent.
the double wyes should be ok with ample fall to provide 1/4 per ft fall meaning the main require extra fall so that the branches would have fall. but if its a manufactured dbl combi I get that its probebly not legal. I supose technicaly it would need to be verticle or on a 45 which can count as verticle.
Ive never heard of an exception to the code to allow dead flat drainage So I can see how any inspector can fail it a technicality of not having fall. regardles of the drawing, the drawing dosent infer that any portion is flat or whether its a double wye screaming with fall with 1/8 bends perhaps street 1/8 bends adjusted with fall . So I could argue a flat double combi fitting is illegal in any code unless a specific wording allows flat or back fall. its pretty nit picky but I hate double fittings on side any time

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks