B-Hyve irrigation controller -connecting one more Orbit valve to the pump terminals to act as a main valve-does this work?

Users who are viewing this thread

Mini Me

Reaction score

renderTimingPixel.png

I have a B-Hyve Orbit controller and a manifold with three valves
I want to add an Orbit valve, like the ones installed on the manifold, but this will be just downstream the tap, acting as a main valve, as in the picture below
The plan is to connect that valve to the pump terminals on the controller
Is this the correct way to do it ?
I am doing this to avoid having permanent pressure on a water hose that connects the tap to the manifold. See this thread for more info
I already have the orbit valve and having a main valve for the irrigation system that I can control from anywhere in the world sounds great
r/Irrigation - B-Hyve irrigation controller -connecting one more Orbit valve to the pump terminals to act as a main valve-does this work?

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
I have two B Hyves. I just used an ohmeter to check the pump terminals...weirdly, it measured 24V even when everything is off...yet, under FAQs the pase says "Any time the timer is turned on, whatever is wired to this terminal will run alongside any of your valves. This terminal is intended for Master Valves or Pump Relays only."
Maybe mine is broken.

Mini Me

Reaction score
I have two B Hyves. I just used an ohmeter to check the pump terminals...weirdly, it measured 24V even when everything is off...yet, under FAQs the pase says "Any time the timer is turned on, whatever is wired to this terminal will run alongside any of your valves. This terminal is intended for Master Valves or Pump Relays only."
Maybe mine is broken.
if you expected 12v there the probably what you have ther is +12V -12V this might allow you to use the ground and command two devices at the same time

Mini Me

Reaction score
After reading again yiur post I see the problem. Yes allways on 24V when everything ekse is off means something is wrong there

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
Check that Program B, C or D are not programmed.

When a program runs it will place power to the "Pump" terminal and it will not remove power until the program ends. It will keep this valve open as the controller switches power to the next zone valve.

To make it work, program a non connected zone and add it to Program B. Then manually turn on Program B. With no solenoid connected the orbit will allow it to run. Only shorts it may error out.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks