Avoiding S bend under Ikea sink

Users who are viewing this thread

SEYMOUR

Reaction score
Hi - We're installing an Ikea Godmorgan 40" wide vanity (YES, another Ikea plumbing issue!). It's on an exterior wall (Quebec, by the way) and the plumber put Pex supply lines and a 2" DWV pipe through the floor and close to the wall.
The Ikea trap will have to connect to the drain via pipe(s) turning 180 in order to go south. Does this make it an S bend? Should we have an AAV as part of this assembly (and if so, where) since the drain pipe travels about 6' before connecting with the original 2" vent? Can you suggest a list of parts & sizes still needed please? I'm asking because I'm not happy with the bills we've had so far.

Thanks - and stay safe everyone !

Ryan Miehm

In the Trades
Reaction score
Hi - We're installing an Ikea Godmorgan 40" wide vanity (YES, another Ikea plumbing issue!). It's on an exterior wall (Quebec, by the way) and the plumber put Pex supply lines and a 2" DWV pipe through the floor and close to the wall.
The Ikea trap will have to connect to the drain via pipe(s) turning 180 in order to go south. Does this make it an S bend? Should we have an AAV as part of this assembly (and if so, where) since the drain pipe travels about 6' before connecting with the original 2" vent? Can you suggest a list of parts & sizes still needed please? I'm asking because I'm not happy with the bills we've had so far.

Thanks - and stay safe everyone !
would it be possible for you to include a picture or drawing?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks