Anyone see anything obviously wrong....and vent size question!

Users who are viewing this thread

J Blow

Reaction score
Here's a layout I'm planning on using for a bar sink in a basement remodel. As you can see it's a 1.5" sink drain and that dumps directly into the main stack that first runs through a 2 x 2 x 1.5 fitting and then a medium 90 (I think). Or does the 90 need to be a long sweep?

Now the vent question...it eventually joins a 1.5" vent that comes from the shower and then to the 2" vent from the ceiling. Is it ok to go to 1.5? Would it be better if it stayed 2" and the 1.5 from the shower joined with a fitting like in the picture? Can I convert it to a 1.5 right out of the top of the fitting pictured above? Are there venting restrictions based on size combinations?

Last edited by a moderator:

Daniel Collick

Still learning.
Reaction score
Website
www.bestrooterservice.com
Yes, a long sweep would be the correct fitting underneath your 2"x 2"x 1-1/2" sanitary tee.
If reducing down to 1-1/2" out of the top of your "san-tee" helps you sneak by something else in the wall, then ok. You're not doing anything wrong. They actually make a 2"x 1-1/2"x 1-1/2" san-tee for future reference so you don't have to purchase the additional bushing.
When you tie the two vent lines together using a similar fitting the orientation of the fitting is reversed from the position in your picture. Now, if you're planning on connecting to the toilet vent, which should be 2", it's important to increase your 1-1/2" vent at the point where it connects to your 2" toilet vent.
Hope this helps, and sorry for the long read.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks