(another)basement rough in

Users who are viewing this thread

Shacko

Master Plumber-Gas Fitter
Reaction score
Ok update, I hope this works, I redid my plan and I'm kinda into the point of no return, so here is what I have.
the floor drain and shower both have traps of course, the vent on the shower is a 2x2x1-1/2 san-tee, you can't see it very well in the pic.

diy-plumbing.jpg

Unless you are required to have back-water valves you are creating a future PITA, they also need a service port at grade level. I don't know about 1 1/2 underground, most codes forbid it, if you read my other reply I addressed the problem with the floor drain.

f_armer

Reaction score
Well I went with it, I have another floor drain downstream that I have to put a bit of water in a few times during the winter, so I figured one more won't hurt. I added the backwater valves just because if my septic pump quits, at least it will protect the bathroom somewhat, like I said earlier, I have a floor drain further downstream, and there is no other backwater valves in the system. I figured also, if they do give me grief i'll just pull the flapper out of them.
I'm not familiar with a closet spacer, but to get proper angles my closet flange is about 1/2" above the concrete, I plan on tiling the bathroom so it should work out OK I hope....
I have a 2" cleanout to put on the sink drain line.
I have another pic of another angle before I cemented it all in.....time will tell if i screwed up too badly.......
plumbing2.jpg

toolate.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks