American Standard tub/shower faucet 1960s, Push-Pull

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by BobMcIntyre, May 25, 2013.

  1. BobMcIntyre

    BobMcIntyre New Member

    May 25, 2013
    Alexandria, VA
    I have an old American Standard single pull shower/tub faucet (from the 1960s, I think). It leaks out the handle. I'd like to replace the rubber parts, or whatever is causing the leak.

    I've attached a photo of the faucet, in case anyone can identify it or offer advice.

    Attached Files:

  2. hj

    hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

    Aug 31, 2004
    Cave Creek, Arizona
    American Standard "push/pull" faucet. Do an internet search and you will find the repair kit. It usually in the $100.00 range. Getting the parts is the easy part. Getting the valve apart to put them in is the difficult job.

    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2013
  3. Sponsor

    Sponsor Paid Advertisement

  4. jadnashua

    jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

    Sep 2, 2004
    Retired Systems engineer for defense industry.
    New England
    FOr $100 in parts, I almost think it may be worth getting a new valve that meets current anti-scald regulations. While you can repair that 50+ year old valve, a new one isn't that much more (at least in parts). Depends on access how easy it would be to replace entirely.
Similar Threads: American Standard
Forum Title Date
Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog American Standard Reliant Ultra-Mix series 1363 identification & Part #'s Jun 12, 2017
Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog American Standard Aquarian bath shower valve Mar 30, 2017
Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog Help identify this American Standard Valve Trim Jul 18, 2016
Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog American Standard shower handle removal Jun 27, 2016
Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog American Standard Aquarian Valve New Handle Feb 24, 2015

Share This Page