Amer. Stand. Shower Diverter Body stuck in pipe

Users who are viewing this thread

Duespo

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I was beginning to replace my leaky shower diverter and came into a problem. After removing the stem, I saw the body and white plastic piece and screw were still in the pipe. I left to get the new stem and the plumbing shop advised me on some penetrating oil and hooks to try and pull it out.

So fast forward about two hours and the body still won't come out. I am about to cut my losses and call the plumbing shop guys to come do it but it seems so simple that I wanted ask you all if you have any ideas.

I've gently tapped it, sprayed penetrating oil, used some hand hooks to try and twist it out, and straight pulled it. Nothing works. I watched a video this forum recommend about using another screw to pull it out but not sure that it would help in my situation.

I have attached two pictures of the body stuck in the pipe and one image of the new diverter with me pointing out the portion stuck. There is no massive leak so I have time to get some second opinions. AS Body 1.jpg AS Body 2.jpg New AS Diverter.jpg

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
Is it just the plastic part and screw or the entire end piece of brass? Try using a wood screw to get a bite on it and then try pulling it out with a long nose.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks