Alternate tub drain set up

Users who are viewing this thread

Jonathan Nielson

Reaction score
Hello all, thank you for the invaluable help with everyones previous threads.
First time posting for specific help.

I am removing an old jetted tub and have a new drop in non jetted tub that fits in the opening nicely, however the drain is in a different location and using a standard tub drain kit from the big box stores I run into a problem with the joist and the trap. The kit has the drain extending strait from the overflow, putting the pipe right over the drain. I have tried to think of a few options and wanted to get opinions on which would be best/ legal. I have attached a few drawings (please forgive my artistry) to explain the problem in (A) and my potential solutions in (B ) and (C), i am not hoping for a flexible option but i saw them out there. Please feel free to correct or offer alternatives.

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_2090.jpg
    IMG_2090.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 131

Jonathan Nielson

Reaction score
Thank you for the reply. I am having a tough time finding abs overflow and drain pieces locally. Everything I can get is PVC. My existing waste line is abs. Can I connect the pvc tub overflow and drain and trap to the existing line with a Frenco type connector? Any issues with code in Minnesota?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks