Air, air and more air

Users who are viewing this thread

chester moyle

Reaction score
I have a well and it stopped pumping due to clogged filter. replaced filter and restarted pump. next day pump cut off and I had to prime well. The pump ran all night but a lot of air in line. bled every faucet. next day same thing had to reprime pump and start. it is still running but no matter what I am getting a lot of air in lines. have bled everything 3 or 4 times. still lots of air. Toilet sounds like a volcano and showers are a new experience. Any suggestions welcome.

Reach4

Reaction score
Probably water level fell to pump inlet, or you have an air leak in the suction pipe system.

Put shaving cream foam on all above-water joints to see if it gets sucked in.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
My guess is the pipe going into the pump is plastic and when the pump heated up, it ruined the seal on the threads. Best IMHO, not to use plastic close to the pump.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks