Advice on moving washer when on slab

Users who are viewing this thread

Coffer85

Reaction score
I plan on moving my washer and dryer out of the kitchen and put it into the closed(insulation) old garage. Theres no drain or water hook up. I don't plan on digging into the slab for the drain. I've seen other houses in my area that have used a sump to drain the water through the attic back to an area with a drain line. My question is about the sump, I found one built in a large enough unit to handle more gallons than my washer puts out, can I risk the soap in the water causing air problems with the sump draining or do I have to get a laundry sink to use between the washer and sump. Thanks!

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
Not sure what your asking. The pump won't pump air. It'll stop pumping when the float sinks. The bubbles won't float the float nor will they get pumped, liquid soap will get pumped into the drain system. The sudsing I think your worried about could overflow a vent. Is that what your asking?

Coffer85

Reaction score
Sorry wasn't clear on that. From what I've read the main problems with draining a washer into a sump is the amount, lint, and soap causing air to get in the drain causing improper draining. The amount and lint I have solutions for just wasn't sure amount the air part I read. Trying to not use a laundry sink due to spacing if I can help it

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks