Add Washing machine to existing 2" drain

Users who are viewing this thread

Graham Love

Reaction score
Hello

I would like to add a clothes washer in a basement by tapping into an existing 2" drain coming down from the first floor.
The 2" drain serves a kitchen sink and dishwasher.
The existing 2" drain is vented with 1.5" behind the kitchen sink and thru the second story roof. A roughed in bathroom next to the proposed clothes washer location is also vented from the "vanity" to the same vent pipe.
Could a use a sani-tee to tap into 2" drain coming from kitchen sink/ DW on first floor. And then use an AAV or vent into the 1.5" existing accesible vent pipe that comes from the adjacent roughed in bath.
I assume that the 2" drain connects to the roughed in bathroom and then off to the 3" main located about 10' away. Attached is a zip file of the layout.
Thankyou for taking a look

Attachments

• Chambers Plumbing.pdf.zip
    74.7 KB · Views: 173
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks