Abandoning Clay Tile

Users who are viewing this thread

Seaneys

Reaction score
Hello,

I am abandoning a connection to a clay tile in my 1911 bungalow. The clay tile was connected to my bathtub. It is now no longer needed / used.

The tile is in fairly bad shape. I've exposed the end of it that originally connected to the stack. It is cracked / smashed (which explains why my sump has been filling up).

In the end the tile will be covered beneath a concrete floor, but it seems lilke I should cap it off, insert a grommet / bushing, or seal it with something. A cap would be difficult because of the cracks. Is there some sort of an insert I can use? Can I simply abandon it beneath the floor? Can I fill it with concrete?

The job is being inspected. The inspector has been great to work with, but I hate to waste his time before I am informed.

Thanks,
Steve

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks