4 slabs or two seams for undermount soaking tub?

Users who are viewing this thread

Paris Hughes

Reaction score
We are gathering quotes to install quartz around an undermounted soaking tub. One fabricator quoted over $2000 less to fabricate and install, saying he can use four slabs rather than two seamed pieces. The other fabricator said that four slabs looks terrible and will cause problems down the road, and would never put his name on that. I need to get some unbiased feedback, before I potentially make a terrible mistake to either save money and get something awful, or spend tons of extra money, just so I can have two fewer seams. I don't know what to do....HELP!

MKS

Reaction score
Ask the fabricators to explain their reasoning.
Read the quartz manufacturers requirements.
The supporting surface these are laid on is very important. Flat and deflection within the manufacturers specs, waterproofing.
The John Bridge tile site is a good resource.

Paris Hughes

Reaction score
Ask the fabricators to explain their reasoning.
Read the quartz manufacturers requirements.
The supporting surface these are laid on is very important. Flat and deflection within the manufacturers specs, waterproofing.
The John Bridge tile site is a good resource.

Paris Hughes

Reaction score
I just checked that site, and it seems to be abut flooring. The fabricator said a) it's ugly b) it doesn't hold up as well. I don't know why it wouldn't hold up as well. I took him at his word. Another guy said "it's fine." That's what is confusng.

MKS

Reaction score
I believe if you asked your question on The John Bridge forum you will get feedback.
If I understand your project correctly the quartz will bear the weight of people sitting on the edge of the quartz which is overlying the tub. Much like a floor. Some people tile it. I also read they may slope it to run the water towards the tub. They do alot of bathroom work.
Give it a shot.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks