4 3 Closet bend installation

Users who are viewing this thread

Jason27

Reaction score
I'm adding a bathroom to the basement and dug a trench in the concrete. Laying the PVC and determining what to do with the 4 3 Closet Bend prior to redoing the concrete. I will be tiling the floor and assume a 1/4" to 3/8" or so height for tile and thinset. I can do one of the following:

1) Secure the 4 3 closet bend flush or perhaps a 1/4" above the level of the concrete. I'd then use a spigot 4" toilet flange once the tile is finished.

2) Put a 4" pipe in the 4 3 Closet Bend stubbed above the concrete. The closet bend would be then completely submerged below the concrete. I'd then cut the 4" pipe after laying tile flush withe the tile and use a 4" Hub toilet flange.

Thoughts on the preferred approach? Or does it not really matter? I think the 1st method will give me more pitch however I have 7" from the bottom of the slab to the top of the inlet pipe to the ejector pit with a 16'- 3" pipe run so that gives me plenty to fit within the 1/8" per foot minimum either way.

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
The piping will continuously move with the changing moisture content of the underlying clay. It is best to make sure the concrete pour is not touching the plastic piping and the pitch between the vent and basin is no less than 1/4" per foot on a 3" line.

Reach4

Reaction score
Read about Styrofoam Closet Bend Spacers. You could put an outside closet flange on, and if you ever needed to take that out, you could put in an inside flange at that point. If your closet flange has a metal ring, it will probably never need replacing.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks