1/32 Bend 4" ABS

Users who are viewing this thread

Hexum

Reaction score
So I am repairing my cleanout because of root infiltration. The current cleanout is 4" ABS that goes from cast iron to clay. The cast iron is only at a few degree incline while the clay is closer to 15 degrees. The way the cleanout is currently installed it looks like that difference is mostly taken up in the Fernco coupler between the ABS and clay. I would like to fix all that and install a 1/32 bend in the ABS before it connects to the clay. Problem is I can't find any. Only thing I have found are CPVC 4" 1/32 bends. Anyone have a source for ABS or perhaps a different solution?

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
So I am repairing my cleanout because of root infiltration. The current cleanout is 4" ABS that goes from cast iron to clay. The cast iron is only at a few degree incline while the clay is closer to 15 degrees. The way the cleanout is currently installed it looks like that difference is mostly taken up in the ferco coupler between the abs and clay. I would like to fix all that and install a 1/32 bend in the abs before it connects to the clay. Problem is I can't find any. Only thing I have found are CPVC 4" 1/32 bends. Anyone have a source for ABS or perhaps a different solution?
Google 11.25 degree PVC fitting.

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
Right. I found some CPVC fittings as I mentioned. But not ABS. I could replace everything with PVC but I have to double check code for that and I am not sure about connecting PVC to ABS.
Cpvc isnt pvc. Use 2 no hub bands and couple pup pieces of pvc.

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
Seems like it may not be made in ABS. Here's one in plain PVC:

But I imagine that's not a DWV weight, rather a pressure weight, and so may have a sharp bend (inside corner). Does that matter, or is 11.25 degrees so slight that it doesn't?

Cheers, Wayne

Hexum

Reaction score
Seems like it may not be made in ABS. Here's one in plain PVC:

But I imagine that's not a DWV weight, rather a pressure weight, and so may have a sharp bend (inside corner). Does that matter, or is 11.25 degrees so slight that it doesn't?

Cheers, Wayne
Ya, not really sure if the bend is so slight that it would matter. Like if there was a long sweep version of it. Probably not. I might just try to see if I can use a set of 22.5's set at different angles.

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
I might just try to see if I can use a set of 22.5's set at different angles.
You can definitely do that to get any angle between 0 degrees and 45 degrees. You'll just end up with an old of plane offset (to the side) at the in between angles, not sure if that's a problem for your application.

Cheers, Wayne

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
I know I have ran piping underground that required 11.25° fittings. I think it was larger pipe and I can't remember if it was sched. 40 / pressure pattern fittings or drainage.

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
Ya, not really sure if the bend is so slight that it would matter. Like if there was a long sweep version of it. Probably not. I might just try to see if I can use a set of 22.5's set at different angles.
You should do the 22.5's. Just buy pure coincidence I used those 4" 11.25's just yesterday. They are definitely not a recessed drainage pattern fitting.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks