Search results

1. davidl340

Finally got a water test (and my pump died)

This is an old school galvanized tank, I doubt it has any lining.
  2. davidl340

I have a very large (220 gallon) galvanized pressure tank (that I'm sure already has plenty of sediment and iron algae in it), how bad would it be if I used it as the contact tank for normal chlorine injection with a sediment filter after it?
  3. davidl340

That is correct, mg/l. So it sounds like hardness and iron are not big issues according to the test although I obviously have really bad iron bacteria which your link will help with. Manganese is high. What about a dry pellet chlorinator dropping straight into the well? Would help with iron...
  4. davidl340

I updated the link. Thanks for the advice. This is a 4" well drilled to 500 with the 3" submersible grundfos SQ pump hung at 120'. Couple of value from the report above: Manganese : 0.075 mg/L Iron: 0.257 Silica: 60.3 Hardness: 27 PH: 7 Turbidity: 1.6 NTU Calcium: 8.1 Lithium: 0.018...
  5. davidl340

So I have posted on a couple other threads regarding my water situation. Ultimately I want to get a filter to deal with some red/brown build up in my pipes and hopefully keep the fixtures clean. I blew some $ on some water tests and I'll attach them here. I also got my pump struck by...
  6. davidl340

Look at this fouled pump, whew! what now

That is awesome. Yeah, this one has no risk of flooding. Casing is 18" or so above the ground
  7. davidl340

New iron filter or convert old softener

The well casing extends 18" up from ground, nowhere near anything that would flood. I do suspect iron is the main culprit. 80' of the top of the drop pipe was covered in red/brown slime and the remainder was clean. Down here they drill 2 tiny holes in the top of the drop pipe a few feet down...
  8. davidl340

It is red clay here. That is my suspicion that this very fine red clay in the pipes, compounded by iron eating bacteria. Could be a well problem (casing issue). I haven't specifically asked the local well driller about cleaning, they are so backed up it is ridiculous. I have had 3 well...
  9. davidl340

Thanks guys for the advice. I'll get some tests ran again. Think it is worth the $200 to get this https://watercheck.com/products/water-check, or just buy the Hach 5-B, an iron test kit and combine that with my existing test results?
  10. davidl340

Thanks, I did pay a well service to do a lab test which I posted here a while back. I am suspecting my well conditions are changing. I obviously have iron and/or sediment issues. I am leaning towards getting an iron filter based on the info we do know. The local well company wanted to...
  11. davidl340

We don't drink the water unless we filter it with a berkey. See this pic, in the house pipes it is similar. We don't want to drink this crap. It also destroyed our well pump but we can't help that. I can't get a straight answer from anyone on what is causing this... so that's why I was...
  12. davidl340

K. So you are thinking maybe an iron filter may not be necessary at .33 iron and .094 manganese? and should get a true hardness # and go from there? (possibly just fixing my salt water softener?) My main complain of the water is what looks like iron bacteria in the toilet tanks, lots of red...
  13. davidl340

Unfortunately I didn't see total hardness in the test results, I just attached them to this post. I did just go and use a pool water tester to test for total hardness and got about 75 ppm. When the softener was in service it used salt like crazy. It drains to the yard as there is no drain...
  14. davidl340

I just had a Grundfos 15SQ10-250 installed which in theory should be able to supply 12 GPM if I read the chart right. Another option is I could get a new 5600SXT head and install it on my 9x48" tank and run Katalox light. The smaller tank should require less backwash volume right? My iron #'s...
  15. davidl340

I have had some serious iron issues in the past. This is my last water test result from a water well company. Iron 0.33 mg/L Tannins 0.1 mg/L Silica 25.0 mg/L Manganese 0.094 mg/L pH 7.31 Another company wanted to sell me a CSI Nitro filter for $1900. I have an old out of service water...
  16. davidl340

3" probably was not necessary for my 4" PVC casing, but oh well, it was getting snagged on something on the way up and were worried about that slime build up. I do have a 220 gallon tank so hopefully it being over-sized will be OK.
  17. davidl340

Yeah, they were going to put a 4" in the hole but they had a 3" sq on the truck and told me they were 'much better' and were a bit concerned about getting a 4" down the hole since a 3" had some issues coming out. I will say the SQ is much easier on startup for my generator, very soft ramp up...
  18. davidl340

It is def. a 3" sq series Grundfos. I took it apart the other day. You should have seen the mess of installation, the 2nd pic is a 1 1/2" to 1" galv. reducer with a 1/8" size rust hole in it. Old pump is a 22 SQ15-220, They went back with a 15SQ10-250. Can't say either of them seem like the...
  19. davidl340

Here is the water test results if any interest. The red/orange stuff is what nobody can tell me for sure what it is. Online it looks like iron bacteria left overs, but it could be find red clay. One thing of interest the red slime only existed on the well pipe to about the 100ft down mark...
  20. davidl340

Pumps is at 140 ft. I was told the well was 500 ft deep (have no proof) which is pretty common in this area with a 4" PVC casing. I am unsure of the static water level but do know we generally have a pretty high water table here, most of the pipe coming out of the ground had plenty of...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks