Search results

1. Water Pro

Treating High TDS

I've run into another application with extreme TDS. 2100 to be exact. They currently have a 2cf softener to treat 117 hardness. They also have 6ppm iron. I'm treating the iron with cl injection/retention. The existing treated water is a surprising 5gpg the evening before regen. They don't want...
  2. Water Pro

Extremely bad water

I have a customer with 140+ GPG, 7 ppm Fe and 6800 tds. I'm a little apprehensive about taking the job. he doesn't want the cost of an RO. He wants Cl injection and softener. it's my belief that the softener will be in constant regeneration from the sodium added by the high tds and unable to...
  3. Water Pro

Katalox question

1.5 CF 10x54. lower basket is this. upper basket is this. customer is complaining about (what looks like) katalox making it's way into the house.any thoughts
  4. Water Pro

Help with.. black sediment?

Could use some thoughts on this. customer complained of foul odor and black sediment. no iron, .02 ppm Manganese, Coliform positive. Slight H2S hot and cold (tankless WH). Installed 75/25 mic filter, clack ozone unit (programmed properly, 9.6 GPM backwash button, 3/4 pex drain line, 1.5 CF KL...
  5. Water Pro

Ozone + UX

any experience placing a UV directly after a clack aio3 with KL? Where any odors produced?
  6. Water Pro

Softener efficiency settings

is there a chart around here for efficient salt settings using 8 lbs/1 CF? specifically, how many grains does 16 lbs salt regenerate of 64000/2 CF?
  7. Water Pro

Pink water

Wanted to get some possible opinions on a one time problem I've never been able to figure out. When I worked for a previous employer, I had a customer that had pink water. Bright pink in fact. It was a cabin in some remote woods she rented as a BNB. she had no iron, no manganese, no odor, and...
  8. Water Pro

Ro booster pump vs membrane rate

I've run into my first customer with significant tds. I believe the last two companies I worked for were not approaching these situations correctly, so I'm looking for some input. His TDS is 1640 at the tap with softened water feeding, (what will be) an under sink (POU) RO. the water temperature...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks