Search results

1. MattinLa

Ikea Sink plumbing install woes

I've read a lot of posts about installing these sinks. I'm wondering if the drain pipe, prior to going into the p-trap, needs to go straight down, or would it be ok to jog it over a little with a couple 45's (see picture). Picture 1 shows how the down pipe doesn't line up with the p-trap...
  2. MattinLa

Move outlet - Old BX Armor Cable w/updated wiring

I'd like to move this outlet 3ft over. As you can see my home still has the old BX armored boxes/cables; however, we have had the wiring throughout the house upgraded to new wire (all the cloth wrapped wires have been removed). I'd like to close off this outlet and leave the box (put a metal...
  3. MattinLa

Advice on sink drain - Galvanized pipe

I’m working on my bathroom remodel (replacing vanity/tiling etc). I’m looking for advice on how to best proceed with the sink drain. After disassembling the old vanity/drain I noticed the inside of the galvanized pipe looks all rusted and gunky etc. I’m curious if it’s ok to connect the new...
  4. MattinLa

Cast Iron Flange do I need to remove this?

Hi all, Read a bunch, but I'm not sure I've seen an answer to this question. I'm re-tiling my bathroom and am now dealing with the old cast iron flange. I'm wondering if its ok to leave the old flange in place and install this Oatey flange (see picture) right down inside the cast iron drain...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks