Ikea Sink plumbing install woes

Users who are viewing this thread

MattinLa

Reaction score
I've read a lot of posts about installing these sinks. I'm wondering if the drain pipe, prior to going into the p-trap, needs to go straight down, or would it be ok to jog it over a little with a couple 45's (see picture).

Picture 1 shows how the down pipe doesn't line up with the p-trap.
Picture 2 shows how I think I can solve it with 2x 45s.

Or would it be better to have the sink drain go straight down into the p-trap, then use a 90 to connect the p-trap with the wall? (picture 3)

Thanks for the help!
Matt

Attachments

• IMG_7853.JPG
    IMG_7853.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_7852.JPG
    IMG_7852.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG_7854.JPG
    IMG_7854.JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 207

MattinLa

Reaction score
Why not just cut the white pipe on the horizontal before adding the tee fitting?
If I cut the horizontal it'll line up in front of the water shut-off valve, which wouldn't be ideal, but also doing so pushes the piping out to far and obstructs the drawer from closing fully. I'm kicking myself for not having just installed two drain pipe connections in the wall, live and learn!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks