Ikea Sink plumbing install woes

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by MattinLa, Nov 15, 2020.

1. MattinLa

MattinLa New Member

I've read a lot of posts about installing these sinks. I'm wondering if the drain pipe, prior to going into the p-trap, needs to go straight down, or would it be ok to jog it over a little with a couple 45's (see picture).

Picture 1 shows how the down pipe doesn't line up with the p-trap.
    Picture 2 shows how I think I can solve it with 2x 45s.

Or would it be better to have the sink drain go straight down into the p-trap, then use a 90 to connect the p-trap with the wall? (picture 3)

Thanks for the help!
    Matt

Attached Files:

2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber
    Why not just cut the white pipe on the horizontal before adding the tee fitting?

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. MattinLa

MattinLa New Member

If I cut the horizontal it'll line up in front of the water shut-off valve, which wouldn't be ideal, but also doing so pushes the piping out to far and obstructs the drawer from closing fully. I'm kicking myself for not having just installed two drain pipe connections in the wall, live and learn!