Search results

1. Rslaback

Rubber flange on the back side of a Prier outdoor mixing stem

So some idiot who looks a lot like me left the hose on the C-108 faucet on the outside of our house this winter and as expected it split the side of the coper extension that goes back into the house. I figure it is worth giving a solder repair a try but I noticed that it tore the back of a...
  2. Rslaback

Driven point well can't seem to open the check valve.

Long post. Bring a sandwich. I own a shop property that is on a 1.6 acre residential subdivision lot in my rural subdivision. My wife first wanted to put in a few apple trees. We live on sand. As in we are 150 yards from the lake, the lake is 10' in elevation lower than my house and there is no...
  3. Rslaback

Tool suggestion for motor end shafts?

I find myself every now and then trying to hold the end of a motor shaft from spinning as I try to turn off a threaded pulley or impeller. Even my biggest screwdriver slips off half of them and makes a mess. It seems like there should be a commercial tool available for this, something like a...
  4. Rslaback

Flapper style check valves

In October of 2020 I installed a driven sand point well to irrigate my wife's mini orchard and my sweet corn patch on my shop property and hit water at 15 feet. I have a small pressure tank and a 3/4 hp shallow point pump on it. The pump originally used was used and started leaking in May of...
  5. Rslaback

Shallow well pressure switch chattering

Last year I drove a 2" well point to service a single hose bibb. The primary purpose of that well is a drip irrigation system for 12 fruit trees and 18 blueberry plants. It also now serves about 250' of soaker hose for a sweet corn patch. The pump is a Red Lion RJS-75-PREM with the integrated...
  6. Rslaback

Priming a shallow pump on a driven well with a check valve

Today I just got done driving a sand point into the ground at a property I have near my lake subdivision home. Water is about 15' below ground and the soil is pretty much 100% sand. My state of Wisconsin puts out a pamphlet on driving well points and I have basically mirrored one of their...
  7. Rslaback

An interesting septic root issue

Rural subdivision, built in 1995, PVC lines into a concrete tank. The roots of a nearby boxelder tree have started to cause issues with the septic system. Fine roots have grown through either the cracks in the riser sections, the lid of the tank or where the riser meets the tank. Regardless...
  8. Rslaback

Tips requested for driving a sand point. Mistakes were made.

Long post: bring a sandwich. I have a property in my rural subdivision on which a single RV storage garage was built. I purchased it for the shop space and my farm girl wife has claimed the lot area for a small orchard area. From what I have been told the nearest clay vein is 10 miles away...
  9. Rslaback

Getting ready to install my first driven well

I live in a Wisconsin rural subdivision on a manmade lake. The shop property that I bought just up the road from my house doesn't currently have any water service. It would be nice to have water in the shop for cleanup and assorted tasks but really I am planning to install a point well because...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks