Search results

1. Arca

HW Recirulation Pump Location

Good news, thank you Jeff.
  2. Arca

Hey Jeff thanks for the reply. I didn't think so but the more I think (a problem of mine) the more I'm concerned. Let me be more specific on my piping. I will have a 3/4" pex main line running behind the lav, with reducing Tees to 1/2" pex and angle stop for the fixture. The pump itself will...
  3. Arca

I am working on a new master bath. I planned on having a HW loop with a dedicated return line and Grundfos basic pump. I have a motion detector in the bathroom that energizes a GFCI under my double vanity that the Grundfos pump will plug in to. I am concerned that the pump is too close to the...
  4. Arca

Rolling Wyes with Horizontal Wet Vent

I learn something new everyday on this forum, lol. I’m pretty sure I was overthinking this. I went back and roughed out some more…I think I can just push my wye 45s for the shower and tub into the joist a little bit (larger hole but I’m within the rules) and that should give me my clearance on...
  5. Arca

Thanks again! I am thinking functionally it’s fine as the wet vent end at the WC wye, but I wanna stick to code! I am thinking I am going to roll the lav wye on its back, move the trunk to the right of the joist bay, and get cute with the WC as long as it’s permitted. I’m thinking of the closet...
  6. Arca

Thanks for the reply and resource. I couldn’t find anything about rolling fixture connections in there, however. Edit: I do see the diagram now…I was looking for specific literature. You mentioned that the lav connection can be rolled or on its back…what about the toilet? If I can roll the...
  7. Arca

I am utilizing a horizontal wet vent for my master bath. I have fixtures meeting the trunk from both directions, and I overestimated the room I have between floor joists. I will now need to roll my wyes in order to fit everything. I have read that wyes can be rolled up to 45 degrees with a wet...
  8. Arca

Recirc Pump... Am I Overthinking?

Yes sir, but I was actually going to put it down at my HW tank, right above the T into the tank drain. I am a little limited in space at the pump/vanity. Any issue with that? Thanks for the reply.
  9. Arca

I agree, that's my line of thinking. I planned it this way to simplify plumbing in my limited space, but I am wondering if I should T to the fixture then 90 to the pump. Should work as my faucet plumbing will be flexible.
  10. Arca

Hello all, I am running a HW loop with dedicated return line. Pump is under my double vanity, last fixture on the loop. I now have concerns that the pump may starve the fixture...I was going to plumb it like this: Do you guys see any issue, or as I mentioned am I overthinking?
  11. Arca

Another Venting Question

Got it and agree, Wayne. I am probably going to go higher than the minimum 12 inches outside of the roof in order to get a good 3" run below the insulation. Thanks for all your help sir.
  12. Arca

Plumbing New Bathroom - Horizontal Wet Vent

Hey guys, need to pull this one back up. I have tried to do my own research but would also like to check with you all. When making my connection to the 3" trunk, am I going to want to use a wye/45 connection or a long sweep 90? This connection is critical for a wet vent, correct? Appreciate...
  13. Arca

Another Venting Question

Thanks everyone...great idea on the 45s...that will give me my 12" of vertical below the roof.
  14. Arca

Another Venting Question

Thanks Wayne, we are going to spray foam in between the roof rafters, not ceiling joists. Will that make a difference?
  15. Arca

Another Venting Question

Hi everyone, I am running a new 2" vent for a master bath and have run into a little problem. I am using an old vent's roof location. I raised the ceiling of the master to 8', and have now discovered that I do not have the proper 1' clearance from the roof to my 3x2 reducer. I am at about 7.5"...
  16. Arca

Venting Advice

It is my understanding that the toilet should be last on branch for a horizontal wet vent. Someone please correct me if wrong.
  17. Arca

Hot Water Pump Recommendations

Thank you for the responses, everyone. I thought about wiring the pump into my fan timer, but decided against it as the fan won't always be used for vanity or bathtub use. I have the motion detector installed with the load wired to a GFCI/AFCI at the future pump location. Works great, but...
  18. Arca

Hot Water Pump Recommendations

Hi all, I am running new plumbing to a master bath, and would like to install a hot water loop with a circulation pump under my double vanity (furthest point in loop). I originally was going to wire the pump into my light switch and utilize a DOM relay, but didn’t remember that I am using a...
  19. Arca

Great. Thank you Terry I appreciate your help.
  20. Arca

Great, thanks Terry. As far as the distance from trap to vent is concerned, please tell me I measure from outlet weir to main drain and NOT all the way back to the dry vent.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks