Search results

1. Scott Olsson

Vent locations

I think this is a dumb question, but I learn a lot from dumb questions: does it matter whether a vent is above or below a fixture? If so, why? Thanks.
  2. Scott Olsson

Check a rough bath plan, please

Obviously there are details to figure out, but am I on the right track? Thanks!
  3. Scott Olsson

Urinals emptying into waste stack vents

Why is it not okay to have a urinal empty into a waste stack vent? Is it because of the amount of water they discharge? Thanks.
  4. Scott Olsson

Ever a reason not to vent?

Is there ever a reason, apart from cost or it just being unnecessary, to not place a vent somewhere in a drain (assuming the vent is angled correctly)? I mean, is it possible to cause problems by "over venting"? I don't see how it would be, but I don't know plenty of things about this. Thanks!
  5. Scott Olsson

Dry vents near other sources of venting

Is a fixture always said to be dry vented if there is a dry vent sufficiently close to the trap? I mean, sometimes a fixture is close enough to a soil stack that the stack might provide some secondary venting. Am I right in thinking that that possible secondary venting is irrelevant?
  6. Scott Olsson

Horizontal offsets in soil stacks

Is a horizontal offset in a soil stack always prohibited? If so, why? Thanks.
  7. Scott Olsson

Connecting second story addition plumbing

First off, thanks to everyone who might help. I appreciate it. I had a single story home with a bath on the main floor and in the basement. I've built an addition onto the side of the house that is two stories (the ground floor being a garage, above it a master bedroom with bath). I'm...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks