Search results

1. James Borjas

Are my DWV vents adequate for a new bathroom install

Awesome, much appreciated. I’ll be adding a 3”clean out as soon as the 3” horizontal main line to the house turns 90 degrees to head to the main building. Thank you.
  2. James Borjas

Thank you, I should have checked that. One final question. As I’m assembling the system I realized I had a last doubt about the main drain line that I am connecting each of the fixtures into. Does the main line need to be 3” throughout because the toilet and shower are venting via the lav...
  3. James Borjas

Yes, I meant the lav wye. Thank you so much for both answering my question and being able to interpret what I should have called it. Thank you! I was thinking about this last night trying to figure out why my idea didn’t quite seem right. Your explanation helps me understand why specifically...
  4. James Borjas

Awesome, thank you! That is incredibly helpful. Any problem in your viewpoint of having the main horizontal drain line run directly underneath the shower and toilet drains and have them connect directly down to the horizontal line with wyes oriented on their back? (The orientation shown in the...
  5. James Borjas

Thank you! This is helpful; the type of thing I would likely otherwise only realize was very inconvenient when something breaks, water is leaking everywhere, and one can't get to the shut off...
  6. James Borjas

Question: for the fitting in the red box on my diagram (joining the vertical lav drain into the horizontal shower drain), am I still able to use a 2" Wye (with a 45 degree bend attached going up to the lav) to join the lav drain line into the main waste line, since it is wet venting the shower...
  7. James Borjas

Yes, thank you. I hope I don’t have to end up drilling through it with the suggestions I’ve been given but that will be helpful in the event it is unavoidable.
  8. James Borjas

Thanks Wayne! You are right that the best way would be to avoid the beam altogether. I think with a combination of yours and Terry’s suggestions I may be able to. For the washer, Terry suggested to relocate the drain into the dividing wall between the bath and washer closet, so that will...
  9. James Borjas

Thank you for offering to edit the title, much appreciated. And for your reply as well. The title should ideally be “Are my DWV vents adequate for a new bathroom install?” Thank you for the suggestion about the washer drain being able to be in the wall. This is a great idea, I had not...
  10. James Borjas

Thank you very much for the insight and reply, much appreciated. It’s great to know the shower vent is redundant. That was going to be the most challenging vent given the beam in the way. The beam runs along the entire middle of the building exactly on center below the 9’ back bathroom wall...
  11. James Borjas

Hi all, hope everything is going well. This is in WA state. I am adding a 9' x 3' full bathroom and stacked washer/dryer to a finished space above the garage. I have attached the layout of the space and my proposed plan for waste lines and vents. Is the venting I have adequate (or...
  12. James Borjas

Can DWV vent be shared between shower and washer?

Thank you, I appreciate the feedback! If you don't mind, could you explain why picture 2 (with the extra vent lines) is a good setup whereas (I am assuming based on your response) that picture 1 is a bad setup, so I can understand the reasoning? Thank you!
  13. James Borjas

Can DWV vent be shared between shower and washer?

Hi all - longtime lurker but first time poster. I am redoing my bathroom and trying to set up a plan for the DWV lines for a standing shower and stackable washer-dryer, which are side by side (30" wide each, with a 5" framed wall dividing them). I am unsure how to properly lay out the vent...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks