Search results

1. Plumbs

M12 forcelogic(propress)?

I've used my m12 propress on thousands of fittings, including brass. It has no problem pressing 1.25" fittings. Maybe SWong got a defective one? And it will hold up to much more than 60 psi. You're correct that they're rated up to 200 psi.
  2. Plumbs

How much should a picote process cost in Hemet Calif

Prices can vary greatly even from one county over. I'm in Northern Virginia so I can't really say if that price is inline with your area but I will say it would be here. Most 100 foot and under lines average $3,500 and that doesn't include hydro-jetting. It's usually much cheaper than digging up...
  3. Plumbs

Stubborn pipe blockage problem snaking hasn't fixed

I think that what they mean by "attack" is that it will remove organic sludge attached to the hair. Usually when you get a clog where hair is an issue the hair is only half the problem. The other half is the oils that attach themselves to the hair which gets exponentially worse. That's why...
  4. Plumbs

Delta tub valve not giving either pure hot or cold water

Check that the supply lines are in the correct spot. I once put one of those in and had the same issue. Come to find out that the old Moen valve was installed incorrectly and they flipped the cartridge over to fix it. So when I put the new valve in I assumed the hot was on the left and cold on...
  5. Plumbs

Low pressure after replumbing bathroom

Have you tried removing the prv and seeing what kind of flow or pressure you get coming straight from the main shutoff valve? This would be my first step before digging and cutting sections of pipe.
  6. Plumbs

Actually, chains work awesome in PVC. Not the chains with carbide teeth on them, smooth chains. They will eviscerate grease clumps and other soft blockages. When used properly there is less chance of damage than using a blade or spade bit. I run them with my k-50, drill or flex shafts. I have...
  7. Plumbs

You should be able to find a plumber who takes Covid precautions. I wear gloves, mask, boot covers, lay down tarps and spray disinfectant on all the work areas I touch. I also spray my equipment after each job and do contactless billing if the customer is paying with a credit card. I'd be...
  8. Plumbs

Power tool choices, Need some help

I've had great luck with Ridgid tools. I even had them send me a brand new reciprocating saw and batteries to replace some that were over 10 years old. It's nice not having to spend almost $100 a year replacing batteries like I used to do with dewalts.
  9. Plumbs

If you have a pressure washer you can buy a cheap kit on ebay to do the job yourself. They sell kits for electric or gas units. The difference is in the gpm and psi. The only drawback is that you probably won't be able to get a camera to check the line. I always run a camera while jetting to...
  10. Plumbs

I deal with these all the time. If the problem is reoccurring and snaking restores partial flow then you probably need to hydro-jet the line. It's basically like pressure washing the inside of the line. When you snake it you're only poking a hole through the grease/sludge. If you use the...
  11. Plumbs

Help with retrieval: Dropped 3” PVC flat clean out cover into a 4" sanitary sewer clean out

If you're able to see it at the base of the clean out then you can try using some jb weld on the end of a 3/4 inch pipe. Just let it sit long enough for it to set before trying to pull it out. If you can't pull it out then you could push it out with a sewer camera or a jetter.
  12. Plumbs

How did I screw up my laundry plumbing?

I would recommend getting it done with a motorized machine. The hand crank one will not get it nearly as clean. If you're handy you may be able to snake it yourself by renting one. If you still have access to the pipes it would be a good idea to install cleanouts where they'll be accessible...
  13. Plumbs

How did I screw up my laundry plumbing?

Just because you snaked it a month ago doesn't mean there can't be a blockage. I don't see anything in those pictures that would cause that issue besides some kind of obstruction in the line. It's your drain so you can choose to take advice or not, personally I would start with the most likely...
  14. Plumbs

Strange 5" clay pipes 6 inches below surface

They might be drain tile. Do they run parallel to the exterior walls?
  15. Plumbs

Water heaters in parallel

Easiest way I can think of, if you don't have the right tools, would be to shut the power to one of them then see how long the hot water lasts. Then try the same with the other heater and see if there's a difference. Or you could check the elements with a multimeter to see if they're within...
  16. Plumbs

90 degree long sweep or 60 degree elbow

I don't see how you can use a regular dwv 90 horizontally as well as a regular dwv 45 horizontally but a 60 wouldn't be allowed. Maybe your area has different rules but either option is approved for above ground here. To the op, I'd go with the 60 since it would be slightly easier to snake if...
  17. Plumbs

How many years would you guarantee a Sharkbite fitting install??

I don't use shark bites unless it's a temporary fix when the water won't shut off all the way or if I don't have enough fittings with me. To answer your question, I would only give an overnight guarantee. . Then I'd return the next day to do the job right.
  18. Plumbs

Is a rotary hammer a viable alternative for trenching concrete slab?

If the job is done properly, by OSHA regulations, there should not be much dust. I use a jackhammer on jobs like yours, or a hammer drill if in a confined space, and hook up to a HEPA dust extractor. I don't even have to put up plastic anymore. I'd recommend looking into renting one with the...
  19. Plumbs

Primer only (no cement) on a 52psi system

You can believe it or not but I did the repair myself. This was when I worked doing new construction. We had to test the line by filling the pipe to 100 psi, letting it sit overnight and having it inspected by the county the next day. This particular joint was at a tee in the basement and the...
  20. Plumbs

Primer only (no cement) on a 52psi system

I've seen unglued cpvc joints hold near 100 psi with no leaks then blow apart months later. Inside the house this causes a lot of damage. Underground the damage probably won't be as bad. But you run the risk of it blowing when nobody is around or it might leak, follow the recently excavated...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks