Search results

1. Pulse

Laars, Lochinvar, or US Boiler

Laars - MFTHW140 - $2200 Pump: Yes, installed(unknown type) Warranty: 5yr parts/10yr HE --- Lochinvar Knight - WHB110N - $3800-4200 Pump: Yes, ships separate(UPML 25-104) Warranty: 5yr parts/10yr HE(prorated till 15) --- US Boiler Aspen - ASPN-110 - $3800 Pump: No Warranty: 5yr...
  2. Pulse

Union with pex?

What are the options for unions when using pex? ..lets say for a filter.. I can use a combo of these two, but is there a better way? https://www.supplyhouse.com/Webstone-H-40424W-1-Threaded-x-FNPT-Union-Full-Port-Ball-Valve-Lead-Free...
  3. Pulse

Island vent and other questions

The vent will run along the joists a couple feet, run up a wall, then into the attic. That 1.5” vent is planned to handle the laundry and kitchen sink, as seen. It will also most likely pick up a floor drain and an unused condensate drain before going up the wall. Is the 1.5” pipe sizing and...
  4. Pulse

5. Pulse

Back to back toilet layout?

Pictures: https://imgur.com/a/WkCc4AN I am under the IPC in PA. 1) Should I use a combo or a san tee for the vent (picture 1 vs 2)? Does it make any difference? 2) Having the downstream toilet wet vent is fine? I do not see any way to dry vent it without going horizontal for a little bit...
  6. Pulse

DFUs on a 2" vertical stack?

I plan to have 2x showers and 2x sinks connected to a single 2" vertical stack. A single shower and sink will be on their own 2" horizontal branch. I plan to connect each horizontal branch into the 2" vertical drain like this: From my understanding you are allowed 6 DFUs on a 2" horizontal...
  7. Pulse

Rough in suggestions?

Existing setup: https://imgur.com/a/JrSTYhI Old plan: The 2nd floor vanity and shower was was left basically unchanged. The 3 combos in a row are toilets and a vent. New plans: Option 1: Option 2: Option 2 allows for easy moving of the shower drain if the shower was ever updated(like...
  8. Pulse

Floor drain recommendations?

Any recommendations on a nice PVC drain with a square/rectangle stainless screwable cap? I have a 3" stub out, slab is not poured yet. ..and what stainless closet flanges do you guys like the best?
  9. Pulse

Deburring PVC?

Should you always deburr/chamfer PVC? What tools do you guys use for 1.5-4" pipe and should I complain if a plumber is not doing it(on a large job)?
  10. Pulse

Any issue using this fitting?

Any reason why I should not drain a shower and sink into that double wye with a 2" inlet? Even though I have back to back toilets is it alright to have that wye be 3"?
  11. Pulse

Sewer rearrangement help

I am completely redoing my plumbing for a remodel. The above picture is the existing main stack. The two toilets siphon water from each other, so I will be removing that double sanitary tee and correcting it with a double wye. That leaves no room for the sanitary tee below the toilets. I...
  12. Pulse

Any changes to this plumbing layout?

DELETE
  13. Pulse

Boiler and indirect questions

1) Fire tube vs Water tube? Any notable advantages of one over the other? 2) If my boiler had 79k BTU output instead of the ~49k(estimated I need), is it fine to run a boiler at low fire using its turndown 24/7? 3) If my boiler BTU output is 49-79k BTUs and I am running at 120 degrees will an...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks