Search results

1. velosnow

Shower shutoff valve necessary?

Thanks, and as I understand I leave the test plug in the cold side? And yep, every valve will have stops going forward.
  2. velosnow

Shower shutoff valve necessary?

Perhaps I'm overthinking this, but I was about to begin my rough in at home for my tub/shower and saw someone mention the potential for the hot water to mix with the cold if you don't have separate shutoffs before trim kit install. His concern was that hot water mixes with say the toilet line...
  3. velosnow

Washing machine & dishwasher shared drain

Welp, we're under contract so once we get a few other things sorted out I'll probably be back with a few more questions. Thanks guys!
  4. velosnow

LOL, dig the 'what is this' label because I have the same question. May or may not get answered, 3 hours to go until our offer deadline hits.
  5. velosnow

Thanks Terry, I've seen these washing machine & dishwasher setups often in other countries and never took the time to see how they plumbed them. More of a curiosity at the moment to see what common solutions might be. Of course stumbled across this video on YT and no clue if it would be...
  6. velosnow

Just updated the link that should work now.
  7. velosnow

My wife and I just made an offer on a vacation property and the current owner has removed the dishwasher and put a euro style washing machine in place instead, see listing pic below... If we purchase the place, we are going to replace the cabinets and are considering adding dishwasher back in...
  8. velosnow

Boiler Overflow and Auto Bleeder Issue

I'm right at 5,280' and it is one zone with about 65' of baseboard heater.
  9. velosnow

Ok guys, appreciate the responses so far and sorry to be slow. Had to move onto other projects for a minute but circling back as I'm getting ready to tackle this. Had a local guy come out last week who is the company's go to guy for boilers. First thing he noticed is that it isn't up to code -...
  10. velosnow

Thanks, I'll get back down there for some more pics tomorrow. Here is one of the tank...
  11. velosnow

You guys have been super helpful in the past and I'm back with a fresh issue in a new house. Bought a 1960's fixer last year and we have baseboard heaters coupled with a boiler. No experience with either really and have a couple questions. 1 - In our small bathroom an air vent (at least I think...
  12. velosnow

Loose utility sink drain connection to stub

I’ll give it a shot when I get home Wednesday, slip joint washer hasn’t helped so far but I kind of think the threads could use some cleaning and perhaps a fresh nut too. Theoretically, should there be much play between the two connections? Most of my limited experience with this stuff is...
  13. velosnow

Unfortunately I’m traveling for the next 6 days or so and I didn’t think to get a ‘good’ pic when I left. But here a couple of general ones of the area. The back side of the drain is circled in blue. At this point if there isn’t some method to get a drain to properly fit I’m thinking of cutting...
  14. velosnow

Hi guys, love the forum been very useful so thanks in advance for any help! We’re doing a mini-reno of sorts and our laundry room has a fantastic 1960’s aqua green utility sink that we’ve decided to keep around. I changed out the worn out gate valves just fine but the sink drain is causing me...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks