Search results

1. Jack-of-All-Trades

How to fix leak at plastic elbow in clear PEX-A Tuffpex by Uponor?

The push on Sharkbite..or actually in this case Watts AquaLock Push-to-Connect, worked fabulously. Stopped the leak & got water to house back on! When I turned it on and checked ,water is dripping from original top shower connection, but I am sure I can kick that out no problem now thanks to all...
  2. Jack-of-All-Trades

Other (3rd) line is line to shower head. All the bends were because I don't have tools to work with PEX-A so I could not shorten the pipe. One can see some water damage and mold to drywall found when access panel was created...so some fitting must have been leaking to some degree since original...
  3. Jack-of-All-Trades

Thank You all for your assistance. Anyone else have any advice you feel could be of help it would be most appreciated. I know the set up was not ideal. I was trying to use stuff I had on hand and spare myself the hour and 15 minute drive ( one way ) to the hardware store. But now I think I...
  4. Jack-of-All-Trades

oh and grey plastic fittings are as tight as I could get . I usually figure the tighter the better, but often I find myself I over tighten things and ruin them
  5. Jack-of-All-Trades

water is shooting out of the right ( hot ) pipe where the black elbow fits into the plastic fitting other one drips some before both were fairly solidly in the tube now they can turn some. I was looking for info on PEX-A and it said something a bout needing an expensive expansion tool . Any...
  6. Jack-of-All-Trades

My son broke our bathroom faucet in our mobile home. I purchased a regular style fixture ( and galvanized pipe fittings to make connections between the new fixture and the ½ inch clear PEX-A Tuffpex by Uponor. Seemed to go OK , but when I turned on water , water is now shooting out from...
  7. Jack-of-All-Trades

Best way to fix leaking fitting in black poly pipe ???

When you said you think it may be split... I recalled that I was being lazy and used a PEX pipe cutter to cut the pipe. In the past when trying to use the same cutter on thin walled PVC the PVC shattered. So this time I did it properly using old style pipe cutter. At first I thought it was...
  8. Jack-of-All-Trades

The pie only raise 4 inches out of the ground. Placing the shut off valve on it would raise the height of the pipe( even with cutting the pipe a bit shorter) at least another 3-4 inches. Pump and everything else would have to be raised to accommodate extra height.Top side I have only 1-2inches...
  9. Jack-of-All-Trades

Yes, it is a 90 degree double barbed brass fitting, I have the poly pipe nearly as short as I can get. The barbed fittings nearly , but don't, touch each other, because, if I go back much further I will have a more expensive and laborious job because I'll have to redo most of the plumbing under...
  10. Jack-of-All-Trades

Two pics: one with valve open , one with valve closed
  11. Jack-of-All-Trades

I have 3/4 poly pipe coming from my well. Artisian well needed more pressure, particularly during summer droughts. Bought a jet pump and tried installing. The pipe comes up vertically from the ground so I need a 3/4 90 degree angled fitting to line intake up with the pump. Had to use brass...
  12. Jack-of-All-Trades

Boosting Pressure On Artesian Well System

Well, maybe that’s one reason my pump and control boxes are always burning up? If the breaker takes twice the recommended power before it will trip! …. Maybe my local well technician is not quite as knowledgeable as I thought. The first time he came out the double 30 breaker was one of the...
  13. Jack-of-All-Trades

Yes, my pump has always had it's own dedicated breaker. In the past we always had 3 wire ¾ Hp 10 GPM submersible pump with a 25 gallon pressure tank. The pump and their control boxes would always burn out rather quickly, so out well tech recommended going with just artesian power. I am hoping...
  14. Jack-of-All-Trades

Looking at the Goulds J5S and J7s, I think that may be a good way to go, just because I can do it all myself then, and if there are pump problems, I might be able to fix the pump rather than have to buy a whole new pump again! The pumps also say the are serviceable, so if there is a problem I...
  15. Jack-of-All-Trades

Thank you for the video on the cycle stop valve. Though a bit of an investment sounds like it would be a wise investment..saving the pump and control box from burning out. After viewing that. I am curious; I f I had a cycle stop valve, what type of pump would you recommend for my set up as...
  16. Jack-of-All-Trades

Our conventional hot water heater went bad. Always looking to save money wherever I can, I installed a Stiebel Eltron Tankless Electric Water Heater DHC-E 8/10 224201 240V, 7.2/9.6kW. It requires a minimum amount pressure to activate. Manufacturer recommends minimum of 30 PSI. We have an...
  17. Jack-of-All-Trades

On Demand Well Pump?

Money is tight some months. So I really want to just keep my house running with the artesian well, avoiding the expense of using electric every time we need water. I was wanting to make a system that will allow water to flow naturally into the house the majority of the time, but when we want...
  18. Jack-of-All-Trades

On Demand Well Pump?

I have had a submersible pump on an artesian well. The pump burnt out and we have been running on just artesian power. We still have a good pressure tank etc. from the old system. I was wanting to install an on demand pump for taking showers etc. Would it be possible to tap into the line near...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks