Search results

1. ShinDiors

Is it undersized sump basin or inadequate discharging or both?

Have this single pump/pit to collect ground water from a downward driveway, backyard and neighboring yard inside this below grade sideload garage. arrows shows water direction. All gutters are drained through separate drain pipes goes directly into stormdrain curb side, not contributing to this...
  2. ShinDiors

How do I determine sump/sewage pump's discharging capability?

How do I know if a pump is stronger if I know the current discharge rate is not sufficient, for example, this 1/2 hp liberty pump has rate of 8400 GPH at 5ft, but the 1hp pump I got only has 7250 gph at 4ft. (curves from manufacturers attached), but requires much higher current/power than the...
  3. ShinDiors

Vertical pipe above check valve, is it filled with water always? (external pump)

Was thinking putting an external sump pump outside the garage. Shortest pumping distance will be pump straight up and it will meet the gutter downspout which goes down thorough an elbow into a horizontal pipe around the back of the house, otherwise I will need 20 ft pipe on the driveway to...
  4. ShinDiors

Ideas needed to deal with run off ground water from driveway

House we bought a year ago had this strange setup. In order to accommodate the addition of a 2-car garage and the sunroom above at the rear of original house, they carved the driveway into the original backyard, and now the driveway is downward, with the end of it enclosed by the retianing...
  5. ShinDiors

External trash pump to move excessive run off water?

House we bought a year ago had this strange setup. In order to accommodate the addition of a 2-car garage and the sunroom above at the rear of original house, they carved the driveway into the original backyard, and now the driveway is downward, with the end of it enclosed by the retianing...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks