Search results

1. Makemenuconfig

Critique: Tankless with recirc loop and storage tank

Hi, I have a Rinnai gas tankless which I am relocating due to an addition I'm building. The water heater will move to the garage, where it will be centrally located between the house and addition. It is a big enough house that a recirc line will be necessary. Since there is house in either...
  2. Makemenuconfig

Can I use a specialty CPVC fitting in a DWV application?

I know PVC and CPVC usually don't mix. But I'm running out of options here. I'm roughing in a shower and am extremely limited on vertical height / slope. I have a horizontal 3" trunk which the 2" shower drain is joining. I can make 1/4" pitch on the 2" pipe if (and only if) I use an eccentric...
  3. Makemenuconfig

Is it legal to use a schedule 40 fitting in a DWV application for a trap primer?

I need to install a trap primer for a couple of new construction emergency floor drains, and I'm under the UPC. There are a few solutions which go between the drain and trap that allow a 1/2" FPT connection from the trap primer, but they are all very backordered as far as I can tell. However...
  4. Makemenuconfig

Anything wrong with running a 1/4 bend into a wye?

If I remember correctly, 45 degrees is considered vertical, so it seems like I should be able to use a 1/4 bend (with a heel to vent) into a wye like this. Does this work for a WC?
  5. Makemenuconfig

Gas piping routing options & best meter location

Hey guys, I'm working on an addition and need to relocate the gas meter and have the house repiped to accommodate the larger load. I wanted to see what you all thought about which location is going to make more sense since I need to set this up with the gas co. soon. I want to include a NG...
  6. Makemenuconfig

Mortar piles: crunching sound in one area.

One of these days I'll be done posting bathtub questions...sorry guys.. This is my first time doing this and I appreciate the advice. I set the tub about a month ago in a sand mortar mix using the mortar pile method I read about here. I put about 5 or 6 piles and avoided the foam feet areas...
  7. Makemenuconfig

Oh no, I chipped my tub!

This weekend while mudding the ceiling above my brand-new bathtub, I managed to let a putty knife slip out of my hands and fall into the bath from ceiling height. The result was a 1/4" ding about 40 or 50 mil deep (in my best estimation) on the tub floor towards the rear. I have been afraid to...
  8. Makemenuconfig

Gas pipe sizing for tankless and furnace.

Hi, I am close to installing a tankless water heater in my house; I'm planning to install the unit myself and hire out the gas fitting. I am not a plumber, but have done quite a bit of research and reading on this. I am sitting here looking at the international fuel gas code on sizing gas piping...
  9. Makemenuconfig

Double check my bathroom remodel DWV plan, cleanout question.

Hi, I am new to the forum but have been reading lots over the last few months. I am in the midst of a bathroom remodel in the eastside Seattle area. I am attaching the plan with drain pipes drawn in blue. Sorry for the poor hand drawing. The toilet is staying in the same spot, and the sink is...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks