Search results

1. janders5006

Adding Sediment and Iron Filter - Recommendations/Verify My Item List

Looks like you responded with this in my past message: "I would like some kind of sediment filter with a big cartridge, such as 4.5x20. I think before, but after the softener has its merits." If I do add a sediment filter, is this the right one? DGD-5005-20 Dual Gradient Sediment Cartridge...
  2. janders5006

we were getting a very slight smell at times recently when the softener was not working. Now it's back to normal with no smell. Thanks for the advice, I will try the resin cleaners and do better at maintaining the valve/screens now that I know what to do. On my previous post someone...
  3. janders5006

I've been running my self installed water softener for a year and a half now and it recently stopped working. Turns out the screens were blocked with what the repair man said was iron. Cleaned those out and water is soft again. He recommended an iron filter. Since I installed the system...
  4. janders5006

Fleck Setting Question (H after comp factor)

thank you both for the explanations!
  5. janders5006

Fleck Setting Question (H after comp factor)

I've had my water softener for about a year now and want to make sure I'm not using too much salt. I'm using the settings recommended in this thread: https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/water-test-results-do-i-need-additional-filtration.81714/#post-590306 For the H: setting, what is...
  6. janders5006

I'm in SE Wisconsin and just received my 5810SXT purchased from A Plus Water...

I'm in SE Wisconsin and just received my 5810SXT purchased from A Plus Water. https://www.greatwatersofteners.com/ Wondering what other places were recommended to you. Paid $859 for an 80k grain unit with 18x40 brine tank. Also ordered Falcon hoses from Aquatell. Was one of the only places...
  7. janders5006

Water Test Results - Do I need additional filtration?

Thanks for the detailed response and settings for my softener! I'll start researching sediment filters.
  8. janders5006

Water Test Results - Do I need additional filtration?

My current Culligan softener went bad and have a Fleck 5810SXT 80,000 grain ordered to replace it. The following are the results from my water test. I do have a reverse osmosis system for a single drinking water line. Is anything else recommended based on these results? ie. iron filter...
  9. janders5006

Water Softener Replacement with Home Warranty Options

Have a Culligan SM 60 Twin 9" dual tank water softener that is leaking. Home has a home warranty which "covers" the replacement. Looking for a recommendation from my options. For my current unit Culligan manual says 22,300 grains @ 7lbs to 26,100 gr @ 10lbs for the Exchange Capacity/Salt...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks