Search results

1. Mlang2000

Brown marks on Romex®

I saw brown marks on some Romex® in my basement. It was also on some spots where it touched insulation. I nearly freaked out until I Googled and saw similar stuff like this or this and people said it could be just warm enough to pull the tar from the insulation or could be sap from running...
  2. Mlang2000

Gas Furnace startup Noise (Video)

This 17 year old gas furnace has made this sound at startup for as long as I can remember. At least 10 years if not always. It only lasts for 2-3 seconds then runs quietly until the next startup. It does not make this sound in the summer when the A/C comes on. Only the winter heat. A friend...
  3. Mlang2000

Can I just wait until my water heater fails?

We had this house built in 2003 and they installed a Rheem PowerVent 2 model 41VRP50NT 16 years later it's working just fine but I know it's probably due to die soon. My question is when this particular model starts to fail, can we expect it just to no longer serve hot water and possibly...
  4. Mlang2000

Maple tree roots vs. septic field drain lines

We have a 12 year old maple that was planted too close to (or possibly on) the far end side of the septic drain field and when the tank was last pumped the guys said there are no issues now but at some point the tree could be a problem with roots in the drain field lines. We're not waiting to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks