Search results

1. bentz69

Ejector pump switch failure, lid rotted

I bought this exact lid last night and it doesnt fit. The lip on the bottom of this cover has 18" diameter and the inside tank diameter is 17.75". It wont sit flush. I found a few Jackel lids that measure 17.75" so Im going to try that. https://jackel.com/sf16101.html
  2. bentz69

The 4 existing holes on the tank have no threads. When the old lid came off the bolts were rusted and whatever type of threaded female adapter came out with the lid. Its just literally a hole and there is no concrete under the lip. Its just dirt. Im thinking maybe self taping screws through a...
  3. bentz69

Perhaps not as a terrible as expected. The lid was completely rotted. The tank itself appears to be in decent shape but I am no expert. I left it full with water overnight and its not leaking. I believe its made of fiberglass but not sure. When I applied pressure to the base of the tank with a...
  4. bentz69

Im going to remove the lid the tomorrow and see what Im working with. Ill report back
  5. bentz69

The ejector pump for my basement bathroom wasn't pumping. Thankfully this bathroom never gets used but every month or so I run the sink water through pump just to make sure I hear it working. Well today it wasn't moving water. The pump itself works when plugged directly into the outlet but when...
  6. bentz69

Stuck diverter valve

For anyone else with this valve, I think its a Moen 1222 and the stem needs to be in the ON position. That combined with brute force made it come out
  7. bentz69

Stuck diverter valve

Heavy drip on the shower head. I only see 1 retaining clip. While applying pressure on either side of the valve I sprayed wd40 all around but I have no idea if it was able to make its way in there. I grabbed the stem with pliers and wiggled and pulled quite hard but nothing.
  8. bentz69

Different temps in each bedroom

Yes the nest is setup correctly. Supply temps are 160-170 when measured at the beginning of the supply pipe after the boiler Return temps are 130-140 when measured right before the pump It seems that sealing up a small section of fins in the master is the easiset solution. I am just wondering...
  9. bentz69

Different temps in each bedroom

Second floor of the house has 4 bedrooms that all see different temperatures. I will list the specs of the bedrooms below. 1st bedroom is currently empty but will likely be a babies room. 2nd and 3rd bedrooms have a 11 and 15 year old and the 4th bedroom is the master. A Nest thermostat for heat...
  10. bentz69

No zone valves on my system

I wont sit here and pretend I know much about boilers since this is my first home (moved in last year) but I am trying to learn. Im learning now that right above the 1st and 2nd floor pumps there are spring check valves installed. The basement has a flow check valve on a different part of the...
  11. bentz69

I forgot to mention from the start that my boiler is for heat AND hot water. The only zone that has a flow check valve is the basement. 1st and 2nd floor does not have flow check valves for whatever reason. I have 2 taco pumps that honestly look like they are the original pumps from when...
  12. bentz69

I was adding zone valves because of the constant thermosiphon effect throughout the winter. I will get tremendous amounts of heat specifically on the 2nd floor when the thermostats are off
  13. bentz69

I have oil heat with 3 zones/3 thermostats (basement, 1st/2nd floor) using baseboards. The 3 thermostats are 110v line voltage units that operate the 3 circulator pumps. There are no zone valves on this system. I would like to install 3 Nest thermostats to replace these old line voltage units...
  14. bentz69

Baseboards hot but thermostat disconnected

It has been about 3 weeks since I sealed up the leak with cement and Im happy to say there is no more water making its way through. I never sealed the section of the foundation wall where the exhaust enters through because I wanted to make sure the water wasnt leaking. Today I removed the...
  15. bentz69

Turning off water supply but leaving the boiler on?

That's what I wanted to know. I was very curious to see how long it would take before the house itself would come down to freezing temperatures with no heat based on weather conditions.
  16. bentz69

Turning off water supply but leaving the boiler on?

As a new homeowner Im still learning quite a few things. The family and I will be away for 7 days and the tempertures over here are dropping just below freezing at night time now. My home is well insulated. I have a burnham v84 oil boiler for baseboard heating and hot water. I understand...
  17. bentz69

Excellent information. That certianly explained a lot. I measured the flue and it is indeed 8x8. The tag lists the last service which was 2 years ago. I was planning on buying a new filter anyway and have my buddy swap out the electrode. He certainly knows his stuff when it comes to boilers but...
  18. bentz69

Using the measurements tells me this model is the V84
  19. bentz69

here is a picture of the tag for the last tune up. I dont know how to read it. I spoke to a tech at Armstrong Pumps and they said I shouldn't install the check valve in a system with hot water because the check valve is plastic and may deteriorate over time. That sucks. I Guess zone valves need...
  20. bentz69

so for the longest time Ive had this little black plastic part in the boiler room and never knew what it was. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: After I read the manual for the pump, I see this peice is the check valve that was removed from the pump for whatever reason. Hope this solves...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks