Search results

1. Mike Rock

Eljer/ Valley 2nd gen single handle tub new cartridge VP-1964 missing o-ring?

Hello, I have a 2nd gen Valley/ Eljer tub faucet. I ordered part Valley VP-1964 BG ( same as Danco VA-4). According to the plumbingsupply.com website , this will fit my faucet. But when I received it, I noticed that it is missing an O-ring, see pics below from plumbingsupply.com website, and it...
  2. Mike Rock

Dry fitting PEX install, why are some fittings loose, and some snug?

I am re-doing my bathroom and starting to dry fit the PEX pipes. I am using the Apollo brand I purchased at HD. I noticed as I was dry fitting everything with one length of pipe I was using, the fittings/elbows were easy to slip in and out of the PEX, to a point they were falling out of the...
  3. Mike Rock

Question on Watts 009QT Backflow preventer valve

Hi all. I made a visit this past Saturday to the apartment building I manage to check on the steam boiler , and walked into boiler room to find big puddle on the floor with water spitting out of the Watts 009QT backflow preventer valve that is connected to the water feed. I believe this...
  4. Mike Rock

Which silicone to use for shower pan drain?

I know there is a debate between using plumbers putty or silicone to seal a shower drain, and I have used putty in the past with no issues, but I think this time I want to use 100% silicone to install my new shower pan for my bath reno. My question is which one do you guys use? I've seen the...
  5. Mike Rock

Installing vent through roof close to an existing vent, any restrictions?

RE-doing my bathroom and want to install a new vent through the roof about 2-4 feet away from an existing roof vent. Any restrictions on how close plumbing vents can be ? It is well away from any windows or roof ventilation caps.
  6. Mike Rock

Venting entire bathroom with re-venting 1 1/2 inch existing vent

Re-doing by bathroom and also trying to correct some mistakes previous contractor did 30+ years ago with the venting . Currently there is an existing 1 1/2” vent (tied into main 4 inch vent stack) for the lav. Due to this bathroom being on an outside wall, and with the way the wall studs and...
  7. Mike Rock

Shower base on Plywood or over Hardibacker?

Hi all, getting ready to renovate my small 6X6 master bathroom, and it will be a total gut. I am putting down new 3/4 Plywood on top of subfloor, but was wondering if I should install the shower base first with mortar directly over plywood, and then install Hardi-backer on rest of floor? Or...
  8. Mike Rock

Wet Venting shower and toilet only

Hi all, I am laying out my design for my bath reno coming up. The lav already has its own vent, but I am re-locating the shower and toilet, and wet venting those off the lav may be a challenge. Can I leave the lav as is, and run a new vent just for the shower and toilet ? (The shower will be...
  9. Mike Rock

Using existing 1 1/2" vent for bathroom reno. IPC requirement

I am redoing my bathroom soon, the venting was all done wrong from previous owner 30 years ago. Currently there is a 1 1/2 inch vent off main 4 inch stack that serves a lav. Can I re-purpose that 1 1/2" vent to wet vent the entire bathroom ( Convert to 2 inch once it drains lav). Or does it...
  10. Mike Rock

What size roof vent needed for 2 bathrooms?

Hi all. I am planning of redoing the 2 bathrooms in my house, they are next to each other, one's off the main hallway, and one is a master bath, I am redoing all of the DWV since previous contractor did a hack job 30 + years ago. I plan on putting a net new vent through the roof. What size is...
  11. Mike Rock

Can Kitchen sink and bathtub share 2 inch drain if each vented?

As title says. I am re-doing a room in my split level home. I wanted to re-do some of the plumbing in my wall while its open. I installed a new Double wye recently to my main stack, and wanted to re-run kitchen sink drain more directly into the new 4 inch drain, but up above I also have a...
  12. Mike Rock

Adding 4 inch double wye to main drain stack

Hi all. I am re-doing my den in my split level house , and I have my wall exposed now that has my main 4 inch stack in it. While the wall is open, I wanted to cut in a 4 inch double wye for future projects to re- do my bathrooms in my house. ( the bathrooms are on the floor above these pics...
  13. Mike Rock

Necessary to insulate PEX to prevent condensation?

Getting ready to run new PEX lines for bathroom reno on firs floor. First time dealing with PEX. Replacing old copper lines that ran under slab. The new PEX will run in overhead between the ceiling joists, and just wondering do I need to insulate the cold water line to prevent condensation in...
  14. Mike Rock

Best method to rough in shower valve? Copper or Pex w/Female adaptor?

I am roughing in a new Delta shower valve. I am just curious as to what the best method is to rough in the supply lines I am using PEX, but how should they be connected to the shower body? The body has male fittings if I wanted to use a Female adapter PEX fitting, or I can sweat in copper- to-...
  15. Mike Rock

Bathroom vanity does not allow for conventional roughing for supply lines.

I am remodeling my bathroom, and the 30 inch vanities I have been shopping for has split configuration for door on the left, with drawers on the right , similar to below. Almost all of them I have seen, I noticed clearance issues if you were to rough in the cold water supply at the conventional...
  16. Mike Rock

Is this wet vent acceptable ?

Hello all, first time poster. I am redoing my bathroom that previously had an improperly wet vented shower . It was previously drained directly into the 4” stack underground, wet vented off the lav and toilet See pics I would like to re-use this connection into the 4 inch main if possible...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks