Can Kitchen sink and bathtub share 2 inch drain if each vented?

Users who are viewing this thread

Mike Rock

Reaction score
As title says. I am re-doing a room in my split level home. I wanted to re-do some of the plumbing in my wall while its open. I installed a new Double wye recently to my main stack, and wanted to re-run kitchen sink drain more directly into the new 4 inch drain, but up above I also have a bathtub I want to drain directly.
Can both Kitchen and bathtub dump into same 2 inch line, provided each one is vented on their own?
Or do they need separate? Pic shows kitchen drain on left currently draining to other side of stack, but would like to drain directly down into combo Wye, along with 2 inch bath drain above (can’t see in this pic)
upload_2019-2-12_8-5-21.jpeg

Md9918

Reaction score
HJ - do you find this setup clogs frequently, combining kitchen grease with shower hair? I'm considering going this route but am worried about clogs. Would definitely include a cleanout.

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
Edit mistake.

Bathtub only needs 1.5" pipe. You'll be fine tying them together, but as stated you need to have them vented properly.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks