Search results

1. Clydesdale6

Can advise me on how to refill neutralizer- calcite and flo mag

I have a 1.5 neutralizer and the media is about 1/2 way down on the tank. My notes show it was originally filled with calcite and flo mag. Do I add 50/50 or is there a different ratio? Do I just unscrew port and add? Thanks.
  2. Clydesdale6

I need a new A/C or heat pump with a hyrdronic air handler - OxBox any good? Suggestions?

My a/c condenser quit and I am considering upgrading to a heat pump. It is a 4 ton unit. My hot water boiler guy, who I really like, said he can install an OxBox system. I had never heard of it, but apparently it is made by Trane. I have a Trane unit at another location and have been very...
  3. Clydesdale6

I could use some help with broken tub overflow screws- second set of holes?

Despite, tapping on the screws, trying to gently work them both forward and backward, I snapped both of the rusted screws. I have read several posts of hit or miss drilling out of the screws. I live in the rusty north east, so I am familiar with this on outdoor equipment and cars. I am not so...
  4. Clydesdale6

Iron testing and what are the effects of iron on my softener and neutralizer

Hello Everyone, For starters, I thank everyone for all the help that I have gotten over the past few months. I had a new well pump installed and then a Clack softener and Neutralizer. I had two companies test my water and they both came to the same conclusion that my water was acidic. Neither...
  5. Clydesdale6

What is this brown residue on the side of my salt tank?

My water softener and neutralizer were installed a couple of months ago. I went to check on the salt situation and this is what I found. Any idea what this residue is. When i put my hand into the tank and get down to salt, the salt seems clean.
  6. Clydesdale6

Could use some help setting up my clack valve softener and neutralizer settings.

After having the equipment installed, I am losing confidence in the installer and want to double check the settings. I know that the Ph of the water was 5.6 before the equipment was installed, but don't remember what the hardness was. I imagine I can get a water sample from the pressure tank...
  7. Clydesdale6

Pressure tank question

I have a 62 gallon air bladder pressure tank. I just had a new pressure switch installed when having a softener and neutralizer installed. I noticed that the pump now kicks on at 42 and shuts off at 65. I thought the plumber was going to have the settings at 40/60. The switch is a 40/60...
  8. Clydesdale6

Difference between to different "clack valves"

Hi everyone, I just had a neurtralizer and a softener installed. The softener has what appears to be a c-series valve and the neutralizer has an Nelsen water systems valve with a blue button for regen. I believe both are clack valves. Does anybody know the difference and why one is chosen for...
  9. Clydesdale6

I may want to add a water meter to my well pump line - please advise

I have one inch plumbing and I would like to add a meter to my water line so that I can see exactly how many gallons of water I use. Can anybody recommend a brand or vendor? Thanks.
  10. Clydesdale6

Softener that we are considering has bypass- should I have additional bypass?

I am getting ready to purchase a water softener and neutralizer and the installer states that it comes with its own bypass. Should I also have an additional bypass installed? I believe my current kinetico has a 3 ball valve bypass. Any advice on additional plumbing to get a clean install?
  11. Clydesdale6

Please advise on neutralizer and softener purchase

I had my water tested by two companies and one company came up with 5.7 ph and the other 6.3. They are recommending a new neutralizer and softener. I currently have a kinetico system that is 20 years old that was installed by the previous owner. One installer is recommending a Charger 48k...
  12. Clydesdale6

No water this morning. Pump control box giving off electric tingle and pops breaker. Please help.

Hello All, I hit the reset switch on the pump box. When I then turn the pump back on, it immediately pops and then I saw and heard a spark come from the wiring going into the electrical conduit next to the box. I did get a new control box 2 years ago and was told at that time that my pump was...
  13. Clydesdale6

Condo needs help preventing electric hotwater heater leaks and damage

I am on the Board at a condo and we have been plagued by electric hot water heaters leaking and damaging the units below. The HW heaters are in a small closet and most do not have pans under them, as there often isn't enough room for a pan. Any suggestions? Any alarms? Any other devices that...
  14. Clydesdale6

Hooking up Modine hydronic hot dawg- did I buy the wrong size PEX?

I purchased a Modine hydronic hot dawg heater. I also bought 3/4 inch PEX. The Modine has 1/2 inlet and outlet fittings. I made the purchase last year and my boiler guy suggested the 3/4 PEX. But, I am now getting ready to install this and want to make sure I make the right choice. My...
  15. Clydesdale6

Need a new well pump and still can't decide on variable speed or single

Here is my situation: Lightning struck well and pump controller needed to be replaced. Pump was found to be "grounded", but working. I have a single speed 1.5 hp pump that is set at 300 feet in my 345ft well. The well is from 1998 and the pump was replaced 10 years ago. I have a 12 zone...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks