Search results

1. Chris Milot

3 cleanouts in front yard right next to each other?

Would like to know why I have 3 cleanouts in our front yard right next to each other. Planning on putting some pavers in this area and was wondering if I can just cap 2 of them and put pavers over the top and leave one showing? If I remember correctly other houses I have lived at only have had 1...
  2. Chris Milot

Connecting outdoor sink to bathtub drain in slab

Hello everyone, First off, I am in Arizona and my house is on a slab with plumbing running in/under the slab. Looking for some advice on if this is even feasible. I've just removed our cement patio in preparation for pavers and was wondering if I would be able to run a drain line for an...
  3. Chris Milot

Water heater continuously running and water pouring out relief valve drain line

Thank you all for the help! I truly appreciate all the advice I have gotten on this forum! Replaced the relief valve and it is now working like it should.
  4. Chris Milot

Thank you all! Will head to Lowes or HD to pick one up. It's located on the top of the WH tank. Do I need to drain any water first or should I be good? Any brand you recommend that will hopefully last more than 3 months?! Thanks again!
  5. Chris Milot

Ok I turned off the shut off valve to the hot water heater so it's no longer leaking out the T&P drain. I checked pressure at a hose spigot that ties into the cold water line for our kitchen (Right outside our kitchen). Pressure was about 92 there as well. The washer spigot would be very hard to...
  6. Chris Milot

Thank you all for the help! I hooked up the pressure gauge to the drain spigot and it is reading around 92 psi. This is with the water on and I can see water draining at the side of the house through the T&P drain line. Is 92 too high or is the T&P only supposed to open above 150? Does this...
  7. Chris Milot

Hello everyone, Hoping to get some help on this. I installed a new water heater about 3 months ago and everything has been working fine. Today when I went in the garage I heard the water heater running or refilling which I didn't think anything of. Went to the store and came back and it was...
  8. Chris Milot

Running drip line to raised flower/garden bed

Thank you HudsonDIY! It's just a small garden bed like 5 x 8 and the flower bed against the back wall will be like 3 x 30. This gives me a good starting point and think i'll use 1/2" for the garden bed which should definitely be sufficient. There is already poly where the flower bed will be so...
  9. Chris Milot

Thank you for your reply! So the raised bed I have some poly tubing nearby for a tree that I can tap into. So for that it's best to run it under the retaining wall blocks and then come up at one end? Then run the rest of it near the top of the raised bed? It will be several feet high. The...
  10. Chris Milot

I'm planning on building a retaining wall with flower bed against my backyard fence as well as a garden against the side wall. What would be the best way to get drip lines to these areas? Trying to figure out the best way to do this with future maintenance in mind. Is the most common way to just...
  11. Chris Milot

Nothing to Screw Replacement Closet Flange To

Yep, I just went through this exact thing. Removed the rusted part of the old flange leaving the plastic part still attached as it is cemented in to the drain pipe just like yours (sounds like you thought you removed the entire flange when you actually just removed the metal part of the flange)...
  12. Chris Milot

Running waste line to outdoor sink

I'm hoping to run a waste line for an outdoor kitchen sink before we put pavers in. I'm trying to figure out where I would tie in the waste line at. The house is in Mesa, AZ built in 2000 and is a single story on a slab. I'm hoping to tie in below the kitchen sink but not sure how to go about...
  13. Chris Milot

Replacing toilet flange

I can probably have the tile guy do whatever I need them to do but I was looking at some repair flanges. This 2 piece (https://www.amazon.com/Sioux-Toilet-Flange-Repair-Ring/dp/B008BIGDL8) looks like it would work. I would basically just bust out the rusted metal part and leave the PVC part of...
  14. Chris Milot

Replacing toilet flange

Thx Reach, I'll see what I can find. It is going to be 6 x 24 porcelain tile. This is also on a concrete slab just in case you can't tell from the photo.
  15. Chris Milot

Replacing toilet flange

Hello all, I'm having tile installed in our master bath and removed the old toilet. The toilet closet flange is all rusted out and not able to hold one of the closet bolts. Any advice on replacing this? Don't want to accidently mess up the riser pipe resulting in a major job. How easy are...
  16. Chris Milot

How to tie outdoor sink drain into homes sewage?

That may be difficult to find where it leaves the house. Maybe when I have them come out to mark utilities they will know. For water supply I was planning on seeing off the main before it's gets to the valves. Wouldn't this be ok?
  17. Chris Milot

How to tie outdoor sink drain into homes sewage?

Hello all, I'm planning on building an outdoor bbq island and looking into the possibility of adding a sink to it. I'll be able to get water to it no issues by adding a tee to the main irrigation line before it reaches the valves. My question is in regards to drainage for the sink. I'm in Mesa...
  18. Chris Milot

Repositioning some plumbing pipes for Utility Sink

Finally got around to doing this. Anyone see any issues? It was my first time soldering so some of the joints are pretty sloppy but so far no leaks. Hopefully won't have any issues down the road. Also replaced the washer outlet with a gfci outlet as it will be within 6 feet of the laundry sink...
  19. Chris Milot

Ok thanks Terry! So I'll have to return this 3 x 1.5 santee and get the 3 x 2 santee and run 2" ABS from the santee out of the wall.
  20. Chris Milot

Had one more question. I've been reading some other posts about installing a utility sink and thought I read somewhere that said a utility sink drain needs to be 2". I currently bought a 3" santee with a 1.5" horizontal line that I was going to run all the way to the utility sink trap. Does this...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks