How to tie outdoor sink drain into homes sewage?

Users who are viewing this thread

Chris Milot

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm planning on building an outdoor bbq island and looking into the possibility of adding a sink to it. I'll be able to get water to it no issues by adding a tee to the main irrigation line before it reaches the valves. My question is in regards to drainage for the sink. I'm in Mesa, AZ and the house is on a slab. I have clear access to dig a trench to the side of the house where a kitchen sink is located which is about 30-40 feet away. Does anyone know if typically the drains go below the slab where I would be able to dig down and under the slab and tie in there or do these pipes usually run within the concrete slab? I know I will have to address venting it as well but first wanted to find out if this will even be feasible. Figured I'd ask before I start digging to see what is down there.

There is also a couple of cleanouts in my front yard that I may be able to tie into if that's an option.

Thank you!

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
Depending on where the building drain is leaving the house, I would be looking at installing a wye into that.

Irrigation piping is often not rated for potable water, so I would not tie into that.

Chris Milot

Reaction score
That may be difficult to find where it leaves the house. Maybe when I have them come out to mark utilities they will know. For water supply I was planning on seeing off the main before it's gets to the valves. Wouldn't this be ok?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks