Search results

1. Adam G

New shower, now whistling.

I live in an apartment building. I just had my bathroom renovated. I put in a Kohler Mastershower Thermostatic valve and two volume controls. It worked like a dream for three weeks. Both the shower and the bath have started making a loud “whistling” or “squeaking” sound. It sounds like its...
  2. Adam G

New shower, now sqeakign

I live in an apartment building. I just had my bathroom renovated. I put in a Kohler Mastershower Thermostatic valve and two volume controls. It worked like a dream for three weeks. Both the shower and the bath have started making a loud “whistling” or “squeaking” sound. It sounds like its...
  3. Adam G

Old pipe, new pipe

My apartment building was built in the 1950's. In the attached picture you see my new 1/2 inch copper pipe going into my shower valve. It has a circumference of approximately 2 inches. I assume this is a standard known value for 1/2 inch copper pipe. You also see the feeder pipe it is connected...
  4. Adam G

Pressure balance vs Thermostatic shower valves

I recently installed a pressure balance valve with a single handle in my new shower to replace an old dual handle system. The dual handle system had incredible pressure on both the hot and cold. When the single handle is at the midpoint the pressure is great. I assume this is because it is...
  5. Adam G

1/2 pipes + 3/4 valve

Because of a miscommunication, I ended up with a 3/4 inch Kohler Master Shower Thermostatic shower valve instead of a 1/2 inch. The plumber has run 1/2 inch pipes in the wall. He said there is no reason to return it and wait for the shipping of the new one as it will make no difference and in...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks