New shower, now whistling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Adam G

Reaction score
I live in an apartment building. I just had my bathroom renovated. I put in a Kohler Mastershower Thermostatic valve and two volume controls. It worked like a dream for three weeks.

Both the shower and the bath have started making a loud “whistling” or “squeaking” sound. It sounds like its coming from behind the wall. It sometimes comes and goes, but its relatively constant when on full volume. It goes down as I reduce the volume and stops when I am about half way. It’s pretty annoying. I know I could run it at half power, but that's disappointing. What could be causing this? And why would it start after a few weeks? Can I do anything about it without ripping the wall open?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
No need to open any walls for that. It may be something in the cartridge. I would call Kohler tech support and see if they have an answer for that.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks